Sr Manager, SaaS Procurement and Procurement Operations
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have since grown into a stable of businesses: Tucows Domains, Ting Internet and Wavelo.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the Internet!
Today, over one thousand people work in over 20 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
About the Opportunity
As the Senior Manager of SaaS Procurement and Procurement Operations at Tucows, you'll spearhead the strategic sourcing of software and services critical to our business operations. This role involves optimizing our SaaS procurement processes, transitioning to and onboarding new vendors, renegotiating with existing ones, and refining operations to ensure efficiency and clarity of roles. Your mission will be to manage the budget and drive cost savings, unify platforms across business units, leverage our buying power effectively, optimize our operations, and make procurement a seamless experience across Tucows and our operating businesses. This role is ideal for a dynamic, strategic thinker who views procurement through a product lens, constantly seeking to balance control with flexibility based on customer feedback. You will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of Tucows.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Sourcing: Identify and procure essential software and services, aligning them with our business needs.
- Procurement Operations Modernization: Update and refine SaaS procurement processes for enhanced efficiency and flexibility. Create a straightforward standard operating procedure and RACI.
- Negotiation and Vendor Management: Renegotiate existing contracts, focusing on cost reduction and avoidance, and manage relationships with new and existing vendors.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with internal teams to maintain and expand our corporate infrastructure in line with business growth.
- Renewal Planning: Strategically plan renewals, unify platforms across units, and optimize our purchasing strategy.
- Visibility and Control Systems: Implement systems for continuous visibility and control over procurement processes.
- Process Optimization: Use your expertise in process mapping and system setup for operational efficiency.
- Budget Control: Work closely with Finance teams, to correctly cost, code and manage an accurate listing of all SaaS tools. This includes invoice approval and working with Accounts Payable.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Over five years of experience in sourcing and negotiating agreements for data center hardware, software, and services, with a focus on SaaS procurement and vendor management in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Strategic planning abilities around process design and implementation and the ability to operate with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to reduce costs significantly (saving $MM) through effective negotiation strategies.
- Expertise in modernizing procurement operations and transitioning between software vendors.
- Strong skills in process mapping, instrumentation, and system setup, with a customer-centric approach to iterating procurement processes based on feedback.
- Proven track record in managing complex negotiations, project management, and drafting RFx and scopes of work.
- Experience in negotiating pricing, quality, and delivery terms with Network Engineering hardware and software vendors.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and tasks effectively, make decisions and solve problems under pressure, and supervise and motivate teams.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, with strong presentation abilities.
- History of successful vendor performance management and holding vendors accountable. #LI-NA1
The base salary range for this position is $134,700 - $158,500 USD for US residents OR $127,400 - $149,900 CAD for Canadian residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn more about Tucows Benefits.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Tucows and its subsidiaries participate in the E-verify program for all US employees.
Learn more about Tucows, our businesses, culture and employee benefits on our site here.