Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Opportunity:
As a People Coordinator you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the people team, including a wide variety of people programs, initiatives and processes to deliver an exceptional employee experience for Ting.
This role provides flexibility, exposure and support opportunities with the people team related to people communications/culture and human resources/employee relations responsibilities.
What You'll be Doing:
Contribute to the success of the Ting People team by:
- Seeking opportunities to optimize technology, improve work flow/processes and create employee self-service opportunities; providing this input and ideas to the team.
- Supporting and assisting in various people programs and initiatives in alignment with company and departmental OKR growth strategy.
- Supporting the HR team with completion, input and administration of employee data including new hires, terminations, status changes, transfers, leaves and changes in position. Ensuring a high level of accuracy and data integrity.
- Pull and create reports from internal systems including HRIS to provide data to support business decisions, processes and programs.
- Support with roll out and administration of new People Team tools and systems
- Creating presentation decks, FAQs, guidelines to support people programs. Support the shared services teams including payroll, benefits, learning & enablement and recruitment with day- to- day support directly impacting Ting employees.
- Maintain highly productive and collaborative relationships both within Ting and TCX.
Collaborate with the HR Business Partner, including:
- Provides first-level response to routine people inquiries or forwards to an appropriate people expert. Interprets and communicates HR policies and encourages the use of employee self-service to resolve inquiries when applicable. Maintains a working knowledge of policies, procedures, HR practices, and applicable legislation.
- Support in the compensation benchmarking process for new and existing roles within the business, including drafting job descriptions and supporting internal equity practices.
- Manage internal promotion process in company ATS (Greenhouse) and support with tracking of budget IDs.
- Maintain an employee relocation tracker to support the movement of our people within the business.
- Support in the administration of annual merit and bonus processes.
- Support in the day-to-day administration of leave of absence processes including workers compensation, maternity/paternity and sick leave tracking.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local labor laws, including annual wage ordinances.
Contribute to Internal Communications & Culture by:
- Designing creative assets in Canva, following strict adherence to the brand guidelines.
- Drafting and editing communications copy.
- Assisting with implementation of communication plans across the Ting Business.
- Supporting Sr. Manager with in consulting with Ting business functions regarding communication and change management plans.
- Collaborating to create and maintain Ting and People Team intranet content.
- Scheduling, marketing and building excitement around Good Stuff Events.
- Completing new joiner scheduling and administrative tasks relative new joiners and Ting Orientation.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Communication, Psychology or another related field.
- 2-3 years of experience as an HR or Communications Coordinator or another related field.
- Previous experience working with an HRIS, HR Platforms, Survey platform or Project Management tools would be helpful.
- Experience with employment law in both Canada and the US is a plus.
- Familiarity with various human resources practices, fundamentals, and compliance is beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of excel or google sheets to manipulate data.
- CPHR/SHRM designation is an asset.
- Familiarity with design software and email newsletter platforms is a plus.
- Possess cultural awareness.
- Ability to operate in a startup environment, requiring an entrepreneurial spirit. #LI-NA1
The base salary range for this position is $54,060 - $70,000 USD for US residents OR $53,890 - $70,000 CAD for Canadian residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn more about Tucows Benefits.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Tucows and its subsidiaries participate in the E-verify program for all US employees.
Learn more about Tucows, our businesses, culture and employee benefits on our site here.