Wavelo is a new software business that’s on a mission to make telecom a breeze.
We provide flexible software that modernizes how communication service providers (CSPs) do business, helping them drive more value, focus on customer experience, and scale their operations faster.
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) —a global leader in internet services and SaaS platforms— Wavelo is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity:
We are seeking to hire a keen and self-motivated individual who loves the Internet and loves learning, sharing their knowledge and applying new technologies to complex problems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze requirements
- Intermediate writing of clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Support troubleshooting and debugging software issues
- Support code reviews to ensure code quality
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development
- Have a sphere of influence within a broader product or system
- Availability for on-call rotation as needed by the company.
- Eagerness to acquire knowledge of new technologies within and beyond Development.
- Effective communication with personnel at all levels, maintaining a professional and courteous representation of the team, department, and organization.
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- Proficiency in at least one of these programming languages (Go, Python, Ruby, Java )
- Exposure to Linux OS
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in Go programming languages
- Attention to quality of written code via tests, comments, application of standards as possible within the given time-frame.
- Any front-end experience (preferably vue.js)
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline usage in the domain of a developer.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as: Docker Swarm, Nomad, or Kubernetes.
- Experience with Restful and GRPC services
The base salary range for this position is $104,490 - $116,100. Range shown in $USD for US residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn more about Tucows Benefits. Tucows and its subsidiaries participate in the E-verify program for all US employees.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Wavelo and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.