Senior Software Engineer - Front End
Tucows Domains is the world’s largest wholesale domain registrar, responsible for maintaining the health, neutrality, and openness of an important—but largely invisible part of the Internet: the domain name system (DNS).
As part of Tucows—one of the world’s largest Internet companies—Tucows Domains has a rich history of helping make the Internet better, operating globally under the Ascio, Enom, Hover and OpenSRS brands.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the Internet! Today, over one thousand people from over 20 countries are part of our team.
If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
Minimum qualifications for the position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience delivering high-quality software solutions.
- In-depth understanding of frontend architecture patterns, state management, component-based development, and modern JS frameworks like React.js and Vue.js.
- Extensive experience in front-end development using HTML5 and CSS3 (Sass/SCSS).
- Experience with build and package management tools like Vite, Webpack, Babel, or npm.
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs and experience integrating frontend applications with backend services.
- Proficiency in implementing responsive and accessible designs, focusing on cross-browser compatibility.
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques, such as code splitting, lazy loading, and caching.
- Experience with version control using Git and agile development methodologies.
- Hands-on experience using Figma or a similar tool.
- Comfortable with agile methodologies, JIRA, and other project workflow tools.
- Solid knowledge of software engineering principles, design patterns, and best practices.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
The base salary range for this position is $103,860 - $115,400. Range shown in $USD for US residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn more about Tucows Benefits.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.#e#LI_CC