Sr Manager, Corporate IT
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have since grown into a stable of businesses: Tucows Domains, Ting Internet and Wavelo.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the Internet!
Today, over one thousand people work in over 20 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
We're seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Manager of Corporate IT who thrives on driving impactful change. In this role, you'll take the helm in reshaping our IT landscape into a refined operation that perfectly suits our parent company and its diverse subsidiaries. Your expertise will be key in designing, executing, and leading a unified approach for two subsidiaries, while effectively blending services and capabilities with the third.
Bringing your experience and expertise to the table, you'll seamlessly incorporate a model inspired by paved roads principles, guiding our IT evolution with best practices, tools, and guidelines. This leadership position extends to crafting comprehensive IT strategies, streamlining operations, and ensuring robust governance across our entire corporate group. Your valuable insights and efforts will report directly to our Chief Information Security Officer, playing a pivotal role in our organization's IT journey.
- IT Strategy Development: Develop and implement an IT governance strategy that centralizes core services for two subsidiaries while creating a hybrid model for the third. The strategy will include a roadmap to optimizing processes through automation.
- Leadership and Management: Lead the central IT department and coordinate the IT teams at each subsidiary, ensuring compliance, security, efficiency, and strategic alignment.
- Modernization and Transformation: Continuously modernize and adapt the IT model alongside the evolving technology landscape, modernizing and improving the connectedness and efficiency of systems, people, and processes.
- Paved Roads Integration: Incorporate the principles of a paved roads model to establish best practices, tools, and guidelines for centralized and decentralized functions.
- Policy and Compliance: Work with our Governance Risk and Compliance team to establish and maintain corporate-wide IT policies and standards, including data governance, security protocols, and compliance measures.
- Budgeting and Financial Management: Develop and maintain the IT budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources across the parent company and subsidiaries.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and supervise KPIs for IT performance, including system uptime, security compliance, and user happiness metrics.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate closely with business unit leaders and subsidiary management to align IT strategy with business goals.
- Organizational Change: Lead all aspects of transitioning from existing IT structures to the new model, ensuring minimal disruption.
- Team Development: Recruit, train, and mentor IT staff to meet the organization's and its subsidiaries' evolving needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Five years of proven experience in IT leadership roles, with a focus on implementing standardized processes and best practices in a multi-entity organization.
- Deep understanding of IT governance models, specifically centralized and hybrid structures.
- Deep understanding of optimizing IT efficiency, throughput, and accuracy through automation and self-service systems.
- Proven track record of implementing or collaborating with multiple lines of business and their engineering teams.
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience and knowledge of a wide range of technologies and approaches to IT Service management, both legacy and modern, on-premise and public/private cloud.
- Experience with Paved Road models or similar approaches, preferably in a mid-scale multi-entity organization.
- Certifications in cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and IT process frameworks (e.g., ITIL, Agile).
- Proficiency in linux, windows, OSX operating systems
- Proficiency in automation through no-code or low-codes tools such as Iftt and Zapier
- Proficiency in building automation across systems through python and other scripting languages
- Proficiency in operating system scripting through Powershell, linux CLI, batch, etc.
- Proficiency in ticketing systems, such as Jira, ServiceNow, and Zendesk
- Proficiency in inventory and or CMDB systems such as ServiceNow
- Proficiency in AAA/IDAM systems and their deployment such as Okta.
- Knowledge and experience in the configuration, policies, and deployment of endpoint management solutions for Windows, Linux, and OSX (i.e. jamf, puppet, intune, etc.) #LI-NA1
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Tucows and its subsidiaries participate in the E-verify program for all US employees.
Learn more about Tucows, our businesses, culture and employee benefits on our site here.