Fiber Optic Technician, Centennial CO
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Fiber Optic Technician who will be primarily responsible for performing installation, maintenance, and location of the outside plant fiber network. This will also include construction tasks such as conduit placement, fiber placement, fiber splicing, and some central office work to meet Ting build and maintenance commitments. In the role of Fiber Optic Technician, you will take an active role in ensuring that all work is performed with a strong emphasis on safety and quality.
What you'll be doing:
- Always considering Safety First when working and driving
- Interacting with customers in a courteous and professional manner as required
- Driving company vehicle
- Assessing different outside plant installation scenarios, and effectively determining required time, approach and equipment
- Installing middle-mile and last-mile cabling required to connect customers to fiber internet service
- Splicing fiber optic cabling
- Working indoors and outdoors with hand tools and heavy equipment as needed
- Working from ladders
- Collaborating with other technicians to ensure expedient and successful fiber network repair efforts.
- Ensuring all required materials for installation and maintenance are properly checked out from Inventory
- Conducting site surveys as required
- Using locating tools and equipment to properly identify and mark Ting facilities
- Attending meetings as required
- Participating in on-call rotation
- All other duties as assigned by leadership
What you'll bring:
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Dedication to working safely in compliance with OSHA regulations and company policies
- Ability to work outdoors, and comfort working with hand tools, ladders, and test equipment
- A demonstrated curiosity and motivation to learn and grow
- Ability to identify and remedy service-affecting problems
- Strong communication skills: the ability to optimally communicate in real-time with multiple team members and business partners is required
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills required
A little more about you:
- Relevant industry certifications and/or training preferred but not required
- Telecommunications and/or Cable experience preferred but not required
- Fiber optic experience preferred but not required
The hourly pay for this position is based on an annualized range of $57,120 - $67,200. Range shown in $USD for US residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn more about Tucows Benefits.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.