Manager, Project Management Office
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
As a Manager, Project Management Office you will lead a PMO team responsible for driving strategic company objectives to their successful planned outcomes. You will help strengthen and lead the PMO as they project-manage and program-manage across functions and internal/external collaborators. In addition, you are expected to communicate project risks, scope, and status updates effectively with senior leadership and executives.
What you'll be doing
As the Manager of the Project Management Office, you will report directly to the Director, PMO.
You will lead a team of project and program managers responsible for planning and completing projects that drive growth and profitability for the organization. You will provide leadership and direction to your team to ensure that projects are prioritized and scoped in accordance to the strategic vision and growth of the business, as well as ensure projects bring value to the organization. Guiding the team through the utilization of project management best practices for the planning and execution of their projects, including successful risk identification and mitigation, is key to the success of this role.
You will be a member of a cross-functional team in partnership with internal partners from Marketing, Product, Construction, Legal, Customer Care, Information Systems, Sales and Business Operations, Finance, and many more. Together you will optimize functional experiences and expertise to ensure delivery of projects that are high in quality and velocity and that bring value to the organization.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development and tracking of OKRs. Along with the senior management, you will be responsible for the growth and capabilities development of the team.
Occasional Domestic and International travel - 10%
What you'll bring
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment and embrace inclusive leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of the telecom and ISP industry. Knowledge of FTTH practices and delivery preferred
- 7+ years of exceptional management and leadership experience
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- PMP/PMI certification is preferred
- Change management experience is highly desirable
- Ability to be fully independent in execution of day to day operational responsibilities
- M&A integration experience is highly desirable
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, and know when to escalate
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional, and senior project teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels of the organization (senior executives, managers and SMEs)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, ability to manage changes in direction and priorities
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our businesses, culture and employee benefits on our site here.