About the Opportunity
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have since grown into a stable of businesses: Tucows Domains, Ting Internet and Wavelo.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. Today, over one thousand people work in over 20 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
We are looking for a self-motivated, passionate, and driven Distribution Specialist to work at our Starkville, Mississippi location. The Starkville Distribution Center is Tucows’ main hub, storing and shipping products for both Ting Mobile and Ting Internet companies. As a Distribution Specialist, you will conduct all receiving, storing, picking, packing, and distributing of products for both companies. You will also be responsible for all customer device returns and replacements daily. Ting Internet is rapidly growing and our Distribution Specialists ensure that each of our markets have what they need for inventory in order to build our fiber networks. We are a telecommunications company that believes everyone should have access to affordable and high-speed internet. The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
- Your safety is of utmost importance to us. We provide the proper training, tools, and gear to enable a safe working environment.
- Daily tasks range from receiving, storing, picking, packing, and fulfilling orders to processing returns in a timely manner.
- Work directly with our Mobile customers to ensure that their replacements or returns are processed efficiently, smoothly, and to our customers' satisfaction. This includes troubleshooting and figuring out whether returned products are damaged, defected, or good to reuse.
- Ting Internet Orders - Fulfill market orders of fiber internet equipment to continue building our network platform.
- Ting Mobile Orders - Fulfill customers’ device and SIM orders placed via the Ting shop by using the Ting backend system.
- Inventory Control - Daily/Weekly/Monthly tasks to help maintain accurate inventory counts. Participate in a monthly Internet inventory count and a quarterly Mobile inventory scan, while using our ERP system daily to ensure accuracy.
- Ting Marketing/Retail Orders - Assemble and ship welcome-kits to fiber customers and ship SIMs to our retail partners.
- Ability to adapt and prioritize any requests and changes that occur throughout the day, while also completing all day-to-day tasks and deliverables.
- Inventory Prep - Have end consumer fiber products ready to ship in advance of orders.
- Use forklift/pallet jacks daily to safely maneuver products.
- As a Distribution Specialist, you will report to a Team Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and a productive team member
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Meticulous, methodical, thorough, and proactive
- Eager learner who works well with multiple teams
- Good problem-solving and organizational skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Effective time management
- Prompt and able to prioritize tasks
- Ensure customers and other Ting locations receive accurate and impeccable products
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Computer skills - knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and text editors
- Adapt to a constantly evolving environment with potentially conflicting priorities
- Work at a rapid pace to meet shipping and receiving deadlines
- Follow policies, procedures, and best practices
- Use handheld scanners to receive, store, and ship inventory
- Troubleshoot devices, diagnose issues, and find solutions
- Take direction, retain info, and learn from mistakes
- Lift and move boxes up to 40 lbs and sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to drive a forklift and operate a pallet jack with provided training and personal protective equipment
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate or bachelor's degree a plus
- Pallet jack and forklift experience preferred
- If not forklift certified, training and certification will be provided free of cost
- ERP/WMS experience preferred
- Experience with multiple phone operating systems preferred
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our businesses, culture and employee benefits on our site here.