Team Manager, Residential Technical Support
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Manager of Technical Support, the role of Team Manager, Technical Support, combines four main functions.
As the Team Manager, your role will focus on leading the Advisors within Ting Mobile. You will inspire, develop, and performance manage your team to find the best approach to resolve customer’s, advisor’s, and business needs.
The Team Manager will be accountable to improve customer service and quality results, by fostering conversations and learning opportunities to enhance technical knowledge, quality, and the soft skills to ensure our customers know how much we appreciate them.
In addition, you may be asked to support key initiatives that grow our business and improve our day-to-day operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Front line leadership responsibility for a team of 10-15 direct reports.
- Conducting regular 1:1 with Advisors to discuss personal development, performance, quality, business updates and customer service
- Analyzing daily, weekly, monthly reports to measure performance
- Partnering with quality and Operation Managers to strengthen quality results and improve technical knowledge of our Advisors
- Balancing workload and queues to ensure KPI are achieved
- Ensure administration responsibilities are completed on time and with high quality
- Executing on personal / team objectives and key projects to support our customers, employees and company
- Acting as first point of escalation for Advisors
- Sharing and executing the vision within your team
- Assisting in recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of new team members
- Communicate and update support leaders on performance and recommendation
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading teams, including people in leadership roles.
- Understanding of employee engagement and how to drive the best performance from each person
- Industry certifications (MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, A+) are a bonus.
- Proven highly developed leadership capabilities including leading Leaders and Advisors with a variety of skill levels and personalities and effectively coaching, mentoring and managing performance, and to achieve the best performance from each team member
- Can adapt quickly and lead change
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Prior experience in analyzing and communicating data
- Can think outside of the box, and evaluate issues from a non-linear perspective to make responsible decisions
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Understand how to lead a team located in the office and remote
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to excel under pressure. The ability to multitask and prioritize for themselves and others
- Ability to develop positive relationships using well-established interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated expertise of support software systems
- Flexibility to support the team and business during support hours of operation
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our businesses, culture and employee benefits on our site here.