Commercial Strategic Account Executive - North County San Diego
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity:
The Strategic Account Executive is a hunter, consultative field sales position within our Commercial and Bulk Internet Sales team as well as gaining access within multi-dwelling units (MDU) residential areas and multi-tenant units (MTU) commercial space. Individuals in this position are responsible for selling fiber based solutions to new and existing customers.
You will be responsible for crafting and developing long-term strategies to target sales efforts for Commercial Sales and MDU opportunities. This is a remote role based in North County San Diego. Applicants must be willing to 'travel' within this area.
What you’ll be doing:
- Primarily responsible for developing or using existing relationships with commercial accounts along with MDU/MTU property owners/managers within your assigned territory to sell Internet Services to Large and Mid-Market accounts while paying attention to small business along the way.
- Selling Bulk Internet services into Multi-Dwelling Units (MDU’s) such as apartment complexes, assisted living, hotels, HOA’s and partner with our Building Access Manager to gain access rights into MDU and MTU complexes.
- Develop and maintain sales plans for own territory and for each account with ability to blueprint a business’s hierarchy to best resolve requirements and opportunities.
- Responsible for achieving a monthly revenue quota in Internet sales and additional sophisticated product sales.
- Develop customer centric solutions and deliver sales proposals on product features and benefits.
- Ability to work within an entrepreneurial environment where all processes and procedures are evolving and have the flexibility and ability to adapt a constantly evolving landscape.
- Ability to self- empower and work independently to resolve problems, hold self accountable to proactively maintain appropriate activity standards to ensure funnel growth, be involved and know your markets served and increase growth in a dynamic environment.
- Meets with prospective customers in person or by video conference call to collect information required to assess their communication needs in detail, estimate the amount and type of potential business the account represents, and qualify the prospect(s). Position involves significant field sales activities with travel to customer locations encouraged as often as daily.
- Clearly understand and communicate the company’s value proposition at multiple levels within organizations.
- Work with the Support Account Manager teams to insure timely handoff of sold accounts for ongoing management and retention.
- Maintain all sales databases vital to report sales activity and customer information. Experience with CRM database management required.
- Work in conjunction with other Commercial Sales support groups.
- Attend all sales meeting and training sessions as required by Management.
What you’ll bring:
- 4 plus years of B2B/MDU sales experience, preferably selling data solutions with ideally two years of Telecommunications.
- Solid understanding of computers, computer networking, Internet solutions and fiber connected networks.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, as well as work efficiently and effectively within required deadlines.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge in a team environment.
- Strong sales level knowledge of complex services (Internet, MDU solutions, private line WAN, Hosted Voice, Managed Services) is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.