Manager, Finance Decision Support
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a dynamic and driven individual to take on a leadership role on the Decision Support team. The individual will be a key contributor in the development and execution of short- and long-term growth strategies for our rapidly growing Wavelo business. Your challenge will be to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve operational efficiency and drive financial performance. You will act as an objective advisor to business stakeholders in matters surrounding the strategic fit, structure, and operational feasibility of potential projects and growth opportunities.
As Manager, Finance Decision Support, you will report to the VP of Finance, and will work closely with key stakeholders across the Wavelo business. It is a big and exciting role for someone ready for a challenge in a hyper-growth environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Analyze alternatives and assess risks, from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective, by conducting what-if analyses on business-driven scenarios. Anticipate and support evolving business practices by working with cross-functional teams to support decision making and drive process improvements.
- Leading the annual budgeting process and re-forecasting process for Wavelo
Financial & Operational Modelling
- Build and improve financial, pricing and operational models to produce concise, insightful, and analytical commentary that can assist financial and non-financial stakeholders to interpret data and facilitate decision making.
- Get into the fold, ask questions, and work to identify financial, operational, and strategic opportunities to create tangible value for the Wavelo business.
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 4 years of related finance operations, FP&A, financial advisory, or management consulting experience, preferably with multi-location, SaaS or telecommunications exposure.
- A people person who derives energy from working with stakeholders across teams, locations, and backgrounds.
- Technically savvy with a detailed understanding of financial modelling, SaaS project/investment evaluations and with a proven track record in business development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills, with the ability to tell a complex story in a simple manner to leadership.
- A creative problem-solver, who thrives in complex, ambiguous situations and prides themselves on staying one step ahead of potential issues.
- CPA, CBV, MBA and/or CFA designation is an asset but not required.
- Experience with software capitalization / internal use software process improvement is an asset but not required. #LI-NA1 #LI-Remote
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.