Database Engineer (PostgreSQL)
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
“TUCOWS - OUR STORY”
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
About the Opportunity:
Tucows Domains is looking for a PostgreSQL expert to join a small team of database developers / engineers. You’ll be joining a greenfield project where we build a new system to replace all of our existing domain management systems. The system will ultimately manage 25 million domains and handle a large number of users and transactions.
- You enjoy greenfield software development
- You excel at solving problems at scale for millions of people
- You want to work with cutting edge technologies
- You want to work with and learn from some of the smartest minds in the industry
- You are preferably located in North America, Europe or the Middle East
- Data modelling and database design based on user and system requirements
- Work alongside developers to solve database related problems
- Performance profiling
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert knowledge of PostgreSQL including server-side programming.
- Strong skills in database modelling of business objects taking advantage of PostgreSQL’s type system.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- CI/CD related to databases is a plus
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of domains and DNS is a plus
- 5+ years of professional experience in database engineering
- 3+ years of professional experience with PostgreSQL
The base salary range for this position is $103,860 - $115,400. Range shown in $USD for US residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn More about Tucows Benefits.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.