Full Stack Engineer, Wavelo
Wavelo is a new software business on a mission to make telecom a breeze.
We provide flexible software that modernizes how communication service providers (CSPs) do business, helping them drive more value, focus on customer experience, and scale their operations faster.
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) —a global leader in internet services and SaaS platforms— Wavelo is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity:
We are seeking to hire a keen and self-motivated individual who loves the Internet, and loves learning, sharing their knowledge and applying new technologies to complex problems.
You have notable experience developing software and ship code regularly. You are also capable of navigating large codebases and uncovering the complexity in existing systems. You are open to giving and receiving feedback, participating in code reviews and design discussions. In addition to the above, you are nimble and able to remain effective when priorities shift.
This position can be completely remote or you can work from one of our office locations located in Canada or USA. Preferred location for this position is remote or in Toronto head office.
What you’ll be doing:
- In the first 30 days:
- Gain deep understanding of our existing platforms
- Implement small stories and ensure quality through writing automated tests
In the first 3 months:
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that development standards are adhered to
- Design and implement features of increasing complexity
- In the first year:
- Share knowledge and act as a trusted mentor to junior team members.
- Own projects or features from conception to release
- Balance the need to ship code quickly with the need to make sound technical decisions.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years professional experience in a software engineering environment
- Experience building services and modular code in Typescript and/or Python
- Experience with Continuous Integration concepts and tools
- Experience delivering highly available and reliable systems
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Best practices utilizing RESTful API calls or Graphql
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with React or Vue.js – Next/Nuxt.js
- Experience interacting with both NoSQL stores like Mongo or Cassandra, and SQL databases like MySQL and Postgres
Nice to have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Service APIs (or SDKs) and event-driven architecture
- Familiarity with Docker or Podman and Kubernetes
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to multiple programming languages
- Reactive programming experience
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Wavelo and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.