Installation Technician, Sandpoint
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity:
The Installation Technician will be responsible for performing daily scheduled installation and post-installation work in various environments including indoor and outdoor work for residential and commercial customers to meet Ting installation and maintenance commitments.
What you'll be doing:
- Always consider safety first when at work and driving company vehicle
- Collaborate with customers on a daily basis
- Assess different installation scenarios, and effectively determining required time, approach and equipment
- Install cabling required to connect customers to fiber internet service
- Splicing fiber optic cabling on-premises
- Working indoors and outdoors during the installation process
- Working with ladders, hand tools and test sets to complete the installation process
- Collaborate with OSP Technicians for any fiber restoration efforts
- Ensuring all required materials for installation and maintenance are accurately checked out from Inventory
- Troubleshoot and solve in-home network performance issues, especially Wi-Fi
- Conducting site surveys as required
- Attending meetings as required
- Participating in on-call rotation
- All other duties assigned by leadership
What you'll bring:
- Telecommunications and/or Cable experience preferred but not required
- Foundational understanding of In-Home wiring and connectivity standards (Cat 5/6, Wi-Fi) preferred but not required
- Fiber optic experience preferred but not required
- Relevant industry certifications and/or training preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills required
- Great customer service skills required
- Strong communication skills: the ability to effectively communicate in real-time with multiple team members and business partners is required
- Ability to identify and remedy service affecting problems
- Ability to work outdoors, and comfort working with hand tools, ladders, and test equipment
A bit more about you:
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license with a minimum of two years driving experience
- Must possess a clean driving record with few to no legal traffic citations within the previous 3 years and no significant infractions within the past 5 years.
The hourly pay for this position is based on an annualized range of $43,780 - $51,500. Range shown in $USD for US residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn more about Tucows Benefits.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.