RF Infrastructure Field Technician, Tucson
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
About the opportunity
The RF Infrastructure Field Technician will bring a clear understanding of network wiring/cabling principles, including the construction of new sites (Macro, Micro, Small Cell, MTU, etc.). You will also be adept at site prep, tower construction, outdoor enclosure installation, communications shelter construction, site grounding system installation and electrical wiring, as needed.
What you'll be doing:
- Support other Infrastructure Field Technicians and Engineers as needed
- Perform wiring and cabling runs, terminations and certifications
- Assembly and physical configuration of systems and subsystems
- Always maintain an organized and clean work area/vehicle
- Construction of sites (Macro, Micro, MTU, Small Cell, etc.) as defined by Engineering site plans and diagrams
- Physical installation, upgrading and maintaining radio and networking equipment at company sites
- Building and maintaining battery and DC power distribution systems, towers, antennas and cabling
- Maintaining and updating as-built documentation, maintenance records and other documentation as necessary
- Continual improvement in knowledge of systems and technologies used by Simply Bits
- Perform job duties with minimal/no direct field supervision
What you'll bring:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the ISP, Networking field, or a related area; equivalent work experience will be considered
- Experience with Mikrotik, Cambium, Mimosa, Siklu or other licensed or unlicensed microwave or millimeter wave products as used in enterprise LANs and WANs is an asset
- Skilled in using personal computer systems, data productivity and communication packages, including but not limited to Microsoft operating systems, Office applications, and Visio diagramming tool
- Familiar with industry-standard concepts, practices, and procedure
A little more about you:
- May require relevant job-specific training and certification in network and telecom industry topics as directed by management
- Effective time management skills
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional, collaborative, and effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments to plan and accomplish goals
- Maintain confidentiality of company and client records and information
- Ability to drive between company office and client sites, as assigned
- Ability to work away from the office in an independent manner
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.