Front-End Software Engineer
Tucows Domains is the world’s largest wholesale domain registrar, responsible for maintaining the health, neutrality, and openness of an important—but largely invisible part of the Internet: the domain name system (DNS).
As part of Tucows—one of the world’s largest Internet companies—Tucows Domains has a rich history of helping make the Internet better, operating globally under the Ascio, Enom, Hover and OpenSRS brands.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the Internet! Today, over one thousand people from over 20 countries are part of our team.
If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
Minimum qualifications for the position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience delivering high-quality software solutions.
- Solid understanding of modern JS frameworks, such as React.js and Vue.js.
- Strong skills in HTML5, CSS3 (Sass/SCSS).
- Familiarity with build and package management tools like Vite, Webpack, Babel, or npm.
- Experience in consuming RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of responsive web design principles and accessibility.
- Experience with version control using Git and agile development methodologies.
- Skilled in illustrating workflows, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Hands-on experience using Figma or a similar tool.
- Comfortable with agile methodologies, JIRA, and other project workflow tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to debug and troubleshoot issues in web applications.
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
The base salary range for this position is $80,190 - $89,100. Range shown in $USD for US residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn more about Tucows Benefits.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.