Data Center Engineer, Tucson AZ
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet.
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you.
About the opportunity
As the Data Center Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with front-line support of facilities and systems within the Data Center with a primary focus on network deployment. Some additional areas of accountability in this role will include supporting equipment inside active cabinets and providing support services on behalf of the owners of various systems, ensuring systems and associated data remain securely protected and functional.
Support functions will cover a wide range of activities relating to planning, installation, maintenance, and ongoing operations of the cabinets, equipment, and communications services inside the Data Center.
What you'll be doing:
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance Conduct regular walks through Data Center to assess systems for health alerts during the day.
- Lifts servers and other equipment (up to 30 kg), working from ladders, running cables, working with hand tools and test equipment, etc.
- Completes physical installation and power-up (Rack and Stack) of servers, peripherals, and network equipment (under mentor supervision).
- Assists with physical installation, dressing, and connection of fiber and copper communications cables.
- Completes assigned and scheduled tasks promptly in accordance with customer deadlines.
- Reporting and Documentation Provide visual inspection and status reporting services in response to customer requests.
- Documents work in designated ticketing systems, asset management systems, and other record-keeping systems as required for reference and audit purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring:
- At least 1 year of Linux Administration experience.
- Python programming experience.
- A mix of Rack and Virtual systems experience.
A little more about you:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong ability to think analytically.
- Outstanding attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The base salary range for this position is $77,010 - $90,600. Range shown in $USD for US residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn more about Tucows Benefits.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.