Sales and Marketing Assistant (Fixed Term Contract)
Headquartered in beautiful Kelowna BC, RainStick Shower is an innovative and quickly growing Canadian Cleantech company that has already won numerous awards including “Best of Innovation” at CES 2022 and “Best of Show” at the Kitchen and Bath Show (KBIS) 2022 and TIME’s Best Inventions of 2023. RainStick’s technology allows people to shower with 80% less water and up to 80% energy while providing 2X the flow rate.
We are in search of a Sales and Marketing Assistant to add to our passionate, intellectual, and intuitive team. Candidates should have a consistent track record of success, a verifiable history of exceeding sales targets, and the drive to make a difference in a fun, fast-paced startup environment. Your priority will be to create and support the initial stages of the sales funnel and support ongoing marketing efforts.
The successful candidate must live in Kelowna.
What you’ll be doing:
• Engage with prospective clients on RainStick’s technology and water conservation efforts
• Learn and demonstrate a deep understanding of the construction industry, tailoring the RainStick solution to meet unique customer needs
• Leverage Apollo, our CRM (Zoho), and LinkedIn to build the pipeline
• Conduct 50 calls per day.
• Work closely with the Business Development Manager to create and nurture sales opportunities
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager to create engaging content for website and social media
• Support Product Support Manager on product-related inquiries
• Develop your skills through on the job sales training and professional development
• 1-3 years of sales experience, preferably in a related field
• Proven ability to engage in effective cold-calling and lead-generation
• Resilience and a competitive spirit
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A background in or understanding of the water conservation and/or construction industry is highly beneficial
• Experience with sales tools like Apollo.io, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoho and Salesforce is a bonus.
What the first 30 days look like:
- Get acquainted with the RainStick brand, our partners, and team members
- Meet with Business Development Manager, Marketing Manager and Product Support to understand sales and marketing playbooks and execution plans
- In consultation with the marketing team, develop content for the website and social media platforms
- Review company documentation and CRM reporting process according to KPI’s and targets provided
- Qualify inbound lead list and pass qualified opportunities to BDM in order to close
- Understand how RainStick works and how it is installed in new construction and bathroom renovation projects and have a good understanding of similar water technology in the market
What the first 90 days look like:
- Work with the team to thoroughly understand technical materials and resources
- Work to build out the top funnel of the sales cycle
- Track against key KPIs
- Meet with new and existing partners, and assist the BDM, Marketing Team and Product Support to establish long-lasting relationships
- Work closely with RainStick marketing team to develop ongoing materials
Bonus points for:
- Graphic design capabilities
- A good sense of humour
Location: Kelowna-based candidates will take preference.
Salary: $19-$22/hour + commission
Term: 8-month fixed term contract with possible extension based on performance
What we offer: Flexible working, opportunities for professional development, a supportive, inclusive and dynamic work environment
Start Date: As soon as the right candidate is found
If you are interested or know someone who is, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and resume and tell us why you are the right fit for this role? We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusion and diversity and welcome all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA2S+ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.