Vice President, Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
At Q4, we make an impact together, obsess over our customer, operate with integrity, and bring big ideas to life.
Q4 is the leading capital markets access platform that is transforming how issuers, investors, and the sell-side efficiently connect, communicate, and engage with each other. We are a trusted partner to more than 2,650 public companies globally, including many of the most respected brands in the world, and we maintain an award-winning culture where our team members grow and thrive. We are on our way to becoming the largest and most trusted, Investor relations platform company in the world.
We hire smart, curious, and talented people to push boundaries, reimagine what’s possible, and turn challenges into opportunities. All while keeping the needs of our clients at the heart of everything we do.
Come grow with us!
We are looking for a transformational and results-driven Vice President of Product Marketing to lead a lean team of passionate product and customer marketers. You will have a pivotal role in defining and executing on all aspects of our go-to-market strategy for the Q4 Platform products that serve our key personas and markets. You will report to the EVP, Marketing and interact and collaborate closely with Product, Sales, Customer Operations, Revenue Operations, and Finance teams to drive the success of Q4 Platform in the market. The ideal candidate is a customer-obsessed innovator with a strong track record of delivering exceptional results.
- Drive direction of product and customer marketing, collaborating with other marketing functions such as content marketing, acquisition and expansion marketing, and partner marketing globally.
- Develop and own product positioning, messaging and value propositions that differentiate Q4’s solutions in the market.
- Partner closely with product management, sales, customer success, and customer operations teams to ensure alignment and successful execution of product and marketing strategies.
- Identify unmet/underserved customer needs, develop customer segmentation and customer targets against the backdrop of market trends and competitive landscape.
- Lead the team in research and analysis to understand market trends and customer adoption, usage and buying behavior, to better identify and quantify market opportunities and customer demand for Q4’s Platform.
- Define the ideal end-to-end customer experience needed to meet unmet customer needs to ensure product market fit (informs/influences but does not define the product roadmap).
- Develop SKU strategy, determine pricing structure, and set packaging and marketing strategies for the right customer at the right time.
- Design ongoing Go to Market strategy and planning based on insight of how to reach target customers across their buying journey. Identify and prioritize the growth drivers and develop business plans for GTM channel execution.
- Determine launch approach, assess product market fit gates and milestones, identify specific target customer and marketing needed for a given launch phase, ensure channel enablement and readiness across acquisition, lifecycle, sales, CS.
- Oversee market education on Q4’s Platform strategy and value offerings through cornerstone thought leadership and initiatives such as demos, workshops, newsletters, pitch decks and blogs.
- Gather competitive intelligence on our key competitors and develop differentiation materials that reinforce our platform strategy and value proposition for external and internal consumption. Educate internal stakeholders about the competitive landscape and offerings.
- Collaborate with sales, customer success, channel ops and training teams to develop effective enablement materials, tools, and training programs to help drive sales team success.
- Expand Q4’s customer recognition and reference programs to increase engagement with our customers, to showcase customer success and value realization, and increase word of mouth. Nurture and leverage relationships with key thought leaders, influencers and strategic customers and partners to help increase market awareness.
- Collaborate with Finance on goal setting, financial forecasting, measurement plan and tracking to financial outcomes and delivery against the end-to-end customer experience.
- Define team’s strategy, hiring and performance assessments to build and measure team results. Support the team in setting clear goals and key results and ensure that those are communicated and visible across the company and progress is shared regularly.
- 9+ years of product/go-to-market and management experience, with an emphasis on leadership and engaging global and local stakeholders.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service commercialization.
- Experience supporting Integrated GTM motions that include sales, channel and services partners, strategic alliances and technology ecosystems.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related area; MBA is a plus.
- Proven track record in building, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans, and staying focused on driving results in a fast-moving environment.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in a fast-moving environment.
- Uses data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
- Proven experience being self-directed and working with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience building credibility with and delivering results for product teams, sales teams and customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
We are motivated by solving complex problems in unorthodox ways. Emphasis on your well-being means you experience your true potential. We offer a variety of benefits to ensure you can always work hard and have fun:
- Health, wellness & lifestyle benefits to balance your heart, mind, and body;
- Pension matching incentives to support your financial health;
- Unlimited paid time off so you can truly recharge and enjoy life;
- Choose your home, one of our trendy offices, or mix it up with our flexible working environment;
- Virtual team building and socials, keeping people connected is important to us; and
- A fantastic culture to top it all off!
Q4’s diverse and inclusive workplace fosters a friendly, open-minded environment. Diversity makes us stronger from the increased pace of innovation to strengthening our culture. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.
Q4 values diversity and people of all backgrounds and abilities. Should you require any accommodations prior to or during the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.