Client Success Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
At Q4, we make an impact together, obsess over our customer, operate with integrity, and bring big ideas to life.
Q4 is the leading capital markets access platform that is transforming how issuers, investors, and the sell-side efficiently connect, communicate, and engage with each other. We are a trusted partner to more than 2,650 public companies globally, including many of the most respected brands in the world, and we maintain an award-winning culture where our team members grow and thrive. We are on our way to becoming the largest and most trusted, Investor relations platform company in the world.
We hire smart, curious, and talented people to push boundaries, reimagine what’s possible, and turn challenges into opportunities. All while keeping the needs of our clients at the heart of everything we do.
Come grow with us!
The Client Success Manager is a trusted advisor responsible for directly managing and optimizing the lifetime value of their book of business; building and maintaining relationships while ensuring success at each stage of the client journey. To achieve this, the CSM understands the business initiatives and goals of the customer and helps them meet their goals using curiosity, empathy, and innovative thinking. You deliver consistent, high value experiences, while driving customers towards their strategic business goals. You will increase your book of business at a higher value at the end of every quarter by delighting the clients, finding opportunities to solve client pain points; this will drive ARR and one-time by providing clients the services and products to help them achieve their IR goals.
If you’re excited and motivated to solve complex business problems through innovation and creativity, have a relentless drive for trying and testing new tactics and exercising laser focus on what needs to be done, then this role may be for you! You’re an experienced relationship builder, customer advocate and have well developed skills in executing the day-to-day requirements of a CSM. By developing a deep understanding of your book of business, you will be well positioned to educate your client on the ways they can benefit from Q4’s products and services.
- Proactively engage with clients at defined points in the lifecycle to ensure clients achieve their desired outcomes while using Q4’s products and services
- Operate with a zero-churn mindset by proactively monitoring customer health, product usage and adoption to mitigate potential churn risk.
- Onboard, educate and facilitate product adoption by inspiring customers with best practices, client success examples, and innovative ways to solve business problems.
- Manage and de-escalate customer escalations and work with connective teams, such as Sales, Product, and Professional Services, to resolve issues and prevent disengagement.
- Deliver client strategic conversations (client meetings) at a regular frequency to demonstrate value and ROI to the customer base.
- Recognize and lead up-sell opportunities based on customer needs
- Partner with the Sales and Solution Consultants teams to drive cross-sell expansion of Q4 offerings.
- Support the renewal process as subscriptions approach their renewal date(s).
- Cultivate a pool of advocates to support Sales prospects and grow our referral base.
- Be the primary point of contact and trusted advisor; advocating for the voice of the customer by representing their feedback, ideas and interests in areas including but not limited to, product improvements, services and support.
- Ensure a timely response to inbound requests via email and phone
- Provide onboarding/training for the Q4 platform and service model
- Partner with professional services team to ensure success of quarterly earnings
- Collaborate with internal teams (marketing, sales, product, professional service teams) in order to delight the client.
- Ensure each touchpoint across the customer journey is engaging, efficient, and effective and logged in the CRM.
- Plan, manage and execute customer success plans.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous CSM experience, preferably in Fintech or SaaS companies with a strong business acumen
- Superior client engagement and empathy, demonstrates success in building, establishing and fostering relationships at multiple levels in an organization, particularly with those in decision-making roles
- Outstanding communication and listening skills over various medias; email, web meetings, phone.
- Ability to handle pressure, engage in difficult conversations and adapt to a ambiguous work environment
- Self-motivated; solves problems independently by exercising judgment based on available information
- Ability to analyze data and use a combination of logic, experience and wisdom to drive conversations and objectives, to find effective and innovative solutions to address client/organizational challenges
- Knowledge of or ability to easily learn common client success platforms such as Salesforce
- Adaptable with a growth oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability in remote training/onboarding skills via telephone and/or screenshare
- University or college degree
- Special consideration will be given to candidates possessing a strong knowledge of, or experience with financial/capital markets
- Acquire and maintain a strong working knowledge of the Investor Relations industry and keep apprised of its regulations, trends and best practices
- Non-business hours activities such as critical client events, escalations and holiday coverage (this position may require after hours, weekend and holiday support as needed for earnings and/or emergencies.)
We are motivated by solving complex problems in unorthodox ways. Emphasis on your well-being means you experience your true potential. We offer a variety of benefits to ensure you can always work hard and have fun:
- Health, wellness & lifestyle benefits to balance your heart, mind, and body;
- Pension matching incentives to support your financial health;
- Unlimited paid time off so you can truly recharge and enjoy life;
- Choose your home, one of our trendy offices, or mix it up with our flexible working environment;
- Virtual team building and socials, keeping people connected is important to us; and
- A fantastic culture to top it all off!
Q4’s diverse and inclusive workplace fosters a friendly, open-minded environment. Diversity makes us stronger from the increased pace of innovation to strengthening our culture. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.