Head of Sales Development
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
At Q4, we make an impact together, obsess over our customer, operate with integrity, and bring big ideas to life.
Q4 is the leading capital markets access platform that is transforming how issuers, investors, and the sell-side efficiently connect, communicate, and engage with each other. We are a trusted partner to more than 2,650 public companies globally, including many of the most respected brands in the world, and we maintain an award-winning culture where our team members grow and thrive. We are on our way to becoming the largest and most trusted, Investor relations platform company in the world.
We hire smart, curious, and talented people to push boundaries, reimagine what’s possible, and turn challenges into opportunities. All while keeping the needs of our clients at the heart of everything we do.
Come grow with us!
Sales Development Leader is responsible for leading new B2B business development in North America. This leader is passionate about building world-class processes and loves continuous improvement. A keen focus on people leadership and coaching is a must for this role.
The Sales Development Leader will head a team of sales development representatives (SDR's) in North America and will report directly to the CRO. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of a fast-paced and highly successful organization.
- Set the business development priorities and key prospecting strategies to achieve defined Sales Qualified Opportunity goals.
- Define processes and procedures for the growing team of SDRs
- Work closely with sales and marketing leaders to build and define prospecting cadences and scripts
- Focus on continuous process improvement across all of the SDR cadences (inbound and outbound)
- Coach and mentor early career sales development representatives to perform at a high level and move on to larger contributing customer-facing roles
- Own the metrics and measurement across all of the SDR key performance indicators optimizing input metrics to deliver goaled output metrics
- Consistently meet/exceed individual and team metrics (quarterly and annually)
- Recruit team representatives that embody Q4s values and leadership model competencies
- Test and learn through marketing message AB testing for continued improvement
- Deeply understand Q4s competitive differentiators and leverage them for the highest prospect engagement
- Own Salesloft and the SDR tech stack to optimize data integrity, cadence performance, and prospect information quality
Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years of business development people management experience in a high-tech environment
- 10+ years of progressive sales experience
- Consistent track record of exceeding quota and outlined metrics
- Experience working with Salesforce.com, SalesLoft (or equivalent), Drift, LinkedIn, Gong.io (or equivalent), Zoominof (or equivalent)
- An enthusiastic team player who is comfortable working with all department leaders
- Knowledge of SaaS and/or subscription-based business sales models a plus
- Strong coaching skills
- Demonstrated track record of effectively hiring and motivating team members
- Ability to work in a dynamic, scale-up environment
- Strong change leadership
- History of testing and improving the effectiveness of outreach motions
- High EQ
- Ability to operate in a smaller TAM (10k North America) environment solving for highly effective messaging creation and high contact rate
We are motivated by solving complex problems in unorthodox ways. Emphasis on your well-being means you experience your true potential. We offer a variety of benefits to ensure you can always work hard and have fun:
- Health, wellness & lifestyle benefits to balance your heart, mind, and body;
- Pension matching incentives to support your financial health;
- Unlimited paid time off so you can truly recharge and enjoy life;
- Choose your home, one of our trendy offices, or mix it up with our flexible working environment;
- Virtual team building and socials, keeping people connected is important to us; and
- A fantastic culture to top it all off!
Q4’s diverse and inclusive workplace fosters a friendly, open-minded environment. Diversity makes us stronger from the increased pace of innovation to strengthening our culture. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.