Revenue Accountant (Level 1)
Accounting & Finance
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
At Q4, we hustle, we grind and we grow. As the team members that make up #Q4orce, we care, we compete and we support each other every day. We’re on a mission to deliver a best-in-class client experience that is driven by technology, data, and of course, our people.
Q4 is the leading capital markets access platform that is transforming how issuers, investors, and the sell-side efficiently connect, communicate, and engage with each other. We are a trusted partner to more than 2,650 public companies globally, including many of the most respected brands in the world, and we maintain an award winning culture where our team members grow and thrive. We are on our way to becoming the largest and most trusted, Investor relations platform company in the world.
We hire smart, curious, and talented people to push boundaries, reimagine what’s possible, and turn challenges into opportunities. All while keeping the needs of our clients at the heart of everything we do.
Come grow with us!
Q4 is looking for an energetic, self-directed and detail-oriented Revenue Accountant (Level 1). You will help the company turn sales into cash and be intimately familiar with how the company generates revenue from SaaS contracts. The role primarily supports Finance with the collaboration of Sales Operations and Client Success Leaders to complete company billings, process quotes, and generate revenue forecasts while providing customer service excellence.Strong organization skills as well as an eagerness to develop financial and technical skills are essential to successfully own and improve the billing process. The role is ideal for a motivated individual with a willingness to learn, overcome challenges, and desire to grow within Finance.
- Process new subscriptions, amend existing subscriptions, and complete other requests from customers or internal stakeholders.
- Support the client renewal process by ensuring accurate and efficient processing.
- Assist with regular bill-runs to ensure clients receive timely and accurate invoices.
- Allocate earned revenue from delivered services based on company revenue recognition policies.
- Resolve subscription and billing inquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support month-end close tasks including reporting and journal entry preparation.
- Identifies delinquent accounts and coordinates correspondence for past due invoices.
- Assist with audit requests and other compliance requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Innovate existing processes and reports to improve efficiency across the order to cash function.
- Develop partnerships with various departments such as finance, sales / sales operations, legal, customer success, and implementations.
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects for various stakeholders across the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or working towards; accounting or related field preferred.
- 2 - 3 years of Billing experience
- Intermediate Excel skills, experience with Salesforce and/or FinancialForce a plus
- Knowledge of revenue recognition under IFRS is an asset.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, team building and organizational skills.
- Motivated and willing to take initiative on new tasks or challenges facing the business.
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills and strives to solve problems in an efficient and timely manner.
We are motivated by solving complex problems in unorthodox ways. Emphasis on your well-being means you experience your true potential. We offer a variety of benefits to ensure you can always work hard and have fun:
- Health, wellness & lifestyle benefits to balance your heart, mind, and body;
- Pension matching and Employee Equity Incentives to support your financial health;
- Unlimited paid time off so you can truly recharge and enjoy life;
- Choose your home, one of our trendy offices, or mix it up with our flexible working environment;
- Virtual team building and socials, keeping people connected is important to us; and
- A fantastic culture to top it all off!
Q4’s diverse and inclusive workplace fosters a friendly, open-minded environment. Diversity makes us stronger from the increased pace of innovation to strengthening our culture. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.
See more open positions at Q4
Something looks off?