Data Quality Analyst
IT, Data Science, Quality Assurance
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
At Q4, we hustle, we grind and we grow. As the team members that make up #Q4orce, we care, we compete and we support each other every day. We’re on a mission to deliver a best-in-class client experience that is driven by technology, data, and of course, our people.
Q4 is the leading capital markets access platform that is transforming how issuers, investors, and the sell-side efficiently connect, communicate, and engage with each other. We are a trusted partner to more than 2,650 public companies globally, including many of the most respected brands in the world, and we maintain an award winning culture where our team members grow and thrive. We are on our way to becoming the largest and most trusted, Investor relations platform company in the world.
We hire smart, curious, and talented people to push boundaries, reimagine what’s possible, and turn challenges into opportunities. All while keeping the needs of our clients at the heart of everything we do.
Come grow with us!
Leading the data quality control effort and enhancing quality assurance throughout the software development life cycle. Provide data governance, data quality leadership and guidance to the team. This role is an advocate and driver of Product build quality and measurements in the Development team.
- Ensuring high data quality & doing data completeness validation.
- Testing end-to-end experience to check for data integrity.
- Conduct gap analysis, data-mapping, business process maps, flow charts, and create relevant documentation.
- Ensuring effective and efficient testing practice, approach, and execution.
- Ensuring quality control for all software deliverables
- Supporting and elevating quality assurance standards and best practices
- Ensuring documentation of all quality assurance artifacts
- Providing critical insight and reports on sprint quality measurements to the team and managers, and drive retro discussions towards improvements
- Create, maintain and execute tests targeting data completeness and integrity using sql/scripts.
- Participate in all relevant sprint rituals
- You will be the primary QA contact at the squad level
- Conduct regular sync ups with Intern, Development Lead, and Product Owners
- Onboard and offboard QA Interns; provide mentorship to the Interns
- Maintain all test suites/relevant documentation for the Products
- Regularly provide metrics on quality for sprints and overall Product, and drive collaborated actions towards further quality improvements
- Provide reporting on defects/bugs found during sprint and measurements against metrics such as velocity/stories to the team and manager, and facilitate/drive sprint retro discussions on analyzing and improving sprint delivery quality
- Undertake any other reasonable task that may be asked of you by your supervisor or senior management
- Participate and drive the addressing and resolving of SUPIN issues and RCA exercises
- Strong SQL query skills and expertise in data manipulation techniques.
- Data exploration & Analysis using tools.
- 3+ years in quality assurance role for software development.
- Strong understanding of Agile development and CI/CD
- Experience using bug tracking and test case management tools (JIRA, TestRail)
- Strong understanding of Quality Assurance testing methodology and processes
- Strong understanding of automated testing practice in an Agile environment
- Experience using various automation tools to help streamline testing (java/python)
- Experience with API (JSON) and tools such as Postman
- Proactive in analyzing and identifying areas to improve Product quality
- Able to ensure best quality practices, effective approach, and latest tools for quality assurance
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working on an agile product team
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Committed to continuous growth through learning
We are motivated by solving complex problems in unorthodox ways. Emphasis on your well-being means you experience your true potential. We offer a variety of benefits to ensure you can always work hard and have fun:
- Health & dental benefits to balance your heart, mind, and body;
- Unlimited paid time off so you can truly recharge and enjoy life;
- Virtual team building and socials, keeping people connected is important to us; and
- A fantastic culture to top it all off!
Q4’s diverse and inclusive workplace fosters a friendly, open-minded environment. Diversity makes us stronger from the increased pace of innovation to strengthening our culture. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.
See more open positions at Q4
Something looks off?