Director, IT & Security
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
At Q4, we hustle, we grind and we grow. As the team members that make up #Q4orce, we care, we compete and we support each other every day. We’re on a mission to deliver a best-in-class client experience that is driven by technology, data, and of course, our people.
Q4 is the leading capital markets access platform that is transforming how issuers, investors, and the sell-side efficiently connect, communicate, and engage with each other. We are a trusted partner to more than 2,650 public companies globally, including many of the most respected brands in the world, and we maintain an award winning culture where our team members grow and thrive. We are on our way to becoming the largest and most trusted, Investor relations platform company in the world.
We hire smart, curious, and talented people to push boundaries, reimagine what’s possible, and turn challenges into opportunities. All while keeping the needs of our clients at the heart of everything we do.
Come grow with us!
The Director, IT & Security will be a senior member of the Business Operations department. The role will have direct responsibility for detection & monitoring operations, incident response and threat identification initiatives as well as responsibility for overseeing all aspects of our IT and security operations. The role will build/lead a small team and be hands-on with strong influence skills and ability to balance day-to-day execution with strategy. The successful candidate must have a proven track-record of working closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand and safeguard the assets, people, and processes across a global company.
- Lead security operations, monitor emerging threats, oversee incident response and procedures and capabilities, enable outcomes-based metrics, and work closely with internal and external stakeholders for incident responses to determine appropriate courses of actions.
- Develop and implement industry standard cyber controls and threat analytics.
- Identify and drive the end-to-end remediation of discovered or potential security vulnerabilities and mature operational security processes and procedures.
- Execute periodic security testing and reviews, promptly remediate any findings, and ensure policies, controls, and procedures are effective, documented, and understood by relevant stakeholders/roles through training and education.
- With R&D leadership, enhance the Cloud security framework, including prevention, detection, and response controls for all Cloud environments, and drive DevSecOps adoption across the entire software development lifecycle by enabling tools, processes, and framework.
- Lead the development and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Manage the IT infrastructure and ensure that it is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures to ensure that all systems and applications are secure and compliant.
- Manage a team of IT and security professionals and provide guidance and support as needed.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the required level of quality.
- Bachelor Degree, with a technology or business emphasis, or equivalent education and experience.
- Proven track record of managing, inspiring and motivating a team of IT and security professionals.
- Possess one or more of the following industry certifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current cloud platforms, services and security best practices for their protection.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information security industry standards (e.g. ISO17799, ISO27001, NIST, COBIT, ITIL, etc), and legislative/regulatory requirements (e.g. SAS-70, SOX, B198, GDPR, PIPEDA, etc).
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in information security including:
- Able to build strong relationships and communicate effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders, including business leaders, operational staff and engineers
- CISSP / CISA / CISM
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
- SABSA - Security Architecture
- Other industry recognized Information Security certifications
- Security Management, Policy & Procedure development, Governance Frameworks, Security Programs
- Developing and implementing cloud security architectures
- Risk Assessment, Risk Management
- Security Architecture, IS Infrastructure Processes
- Operational security (network architecture, application, systems)
We are motivated by solving complex problems in unorthodox ways. Emphasis on your well-being means you experience your true potential. We offer a variety of benefits to ensure you can always work hard and have fun:
- Health, wellness & lifestyle benefits to balance your heart, mind, and body;
- Pension matching and Employee Equity Incentives to support your financial health;
- Unlimited paid time off so you can truly recharge and enjoy life;
- Choose your home, one of our trendy offices, or mix it up with our flexible working environment;
- Virtual team building and socials, keeping people connected is important to us; and
- A fantastic culture to top it all off!
Q4’s diverse and inclusive workplace fosters a friendly, open-minded environment. Diversity makes us stronger from the increased pace of innovation to strengthening our culture. With great reasons to work here, take advantage by submitting your application to join our growing team.
See more open positions at Q4
Something looks off?