PurposeMed was founded in 2019 with the mission of improving access to complex care for underserved communities. We’ve grown to over 200 team members, serving hundreds of patients each month, and are continuing to grow rapidly.
PurposeMed consists of two complex care business units; Freddie, Frida, and partners with Affirming Care Pharmacy. Freddie is focused on improving sexual health through education, prevention and treatment with a focus on the LGBTQ2S+ community—we’re now the largest HIV prevention service in Canada! Our second vertical, Frida, is focused on improving mental health and happiness through education, diagnosis and treatment. Frida is changing the lives of patients with easier access to adult ADHD diagnosis, and fast and affordable treatment. Affirming Care Pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy with locations in Calgary, Alberta and Mississauga, Ontario. This partnership provides our patients with an end-to-end healthcare experience, from treatment, to prescription delivery, to continuous affirming care.
We are a C100 Fellow, a member of the Lazaridis Institute, and a certified Great Place to Work® (92% of our employees agree)! Our culture is highly mission-driven; our team is passionate about bringing healthcare to those who need it most. Best of all—we have fun doing it.
Who we hope to find:
We are seeking a highly skilled Data Scientist to play a pivotal role in shaping and optimizing our products, user experiences, and marketing strategies. Reporting into the Director of Data, the successful candidate will leverage their expertise in A/B testing, predictive analytics, customer segmentation, advanced metrics modelling, and anomaly detection to drive data-driven decision making and create value across the organization. If you have a strong background in data science, hands-on experience in experimentation, and a passion for the healthcare or medtech industry, we’d love to hear from you.
Though we have an office based in Calgary, this is a remote position that is open to candidates across Canada.
In this role, you’ll make an impact by:
- Developing and maintaining an experimentation platform for A/B testing, multivariate testing, and other experimental designs to optimize product features, user experiences, and marketing strategies
- Applying advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to create predictive models for key business metrics, such as customer lifetime value, churn, CAC, and conversion rates
- Designing and implementing customer segmentation strategies using various clustering and classification techniques to better understand and target our diverse customer base
- Solving various optimization problems, such as balancing demand and supply in clinical operations or determining optimal pricing strategies, to drive efficient resource allocation and maximize business outcomes
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including product, marketing, and growth, to translate data-driven insights into actionable recommendations and strategies
- Continuously monitoring and refining data models to ensure their accuracy and performance, while identifying opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Presenting findings and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, and effectively communicating the impact of data science initiatives on business outcomes
We need someone who has:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics)
- 2+ years of experience in data science, preferably in the medtech or healthcare industry
- Proven experience with A/B testing, experimental design, and hypothesis testing
- Strong knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques, including regression, classification, clustering, and time series analysis
- Proficiency in Python, R, or another programming language commonly used in data science
- Knowledge of cloud-based platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
It would also be great if you have:
- Experience in the medtech industry and with the related performance metrics
- A proactive and results-driven approach, with the ability to take initiative and drive projects forward
If you are a highly technical individual with a passion for data and a desire to build scalable and robust data solutions, we encourage you to apply to this exciting opportunity!
Do you think you could be our first Data Science hire? We look forward to seeing your application!
Why you should join us:
- Be part of a team of great people who don’t take themselves too seriously. While we’re serious about the problems we solve, we believe in having fun along the way.
- Make an impact, every single day. We’re providing compassionate, affirming care to many people who have never received care for their condition.
- Receive great benefits from your first day of work. We offer plenty of paid time off, a parental leave top-up program, group benefits, learning stipends and other perks.
- Work flexibly, from anywhere across Canada.* We believe that work should fit around your life. We also have an office in Calgary available for anyone in the area!
- Be confident in bringing your whole self to work. Inclusivity is core to how we take care of our patients, our teammates and ourselves. We create spaces that are safe and affirming.
If you are looking for a place that sparks your creativity, helps others, and will push you to be your best, then you’ll love PurposeMed.
*Most of our roles are performed virtually from home (in a distributed team environment) across Canada. Team members who are in “onsite” roles at Affirming Care need to be physically present at our pharmacies.
PurposeMed is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, so we highly encourage those from excluded and marginalized communities to apply. This includes groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, and racialized communities, trans and non-binary, LGBTQIA2S+, disabled, and HIV-positive people. You don’t have to check every single box above. If the job description gets you excited and you think you could contribute your expertise to our team—we hope you’ll apply!
Something looks off?