Lifecycle Marketing Manager
PurposeMed was founded in 2019 with the mission of improving access to complex care for underserved communities. We’ve grown quickly in our first few years, and now our exceptional team serves thousands of patients each month across our multiple verticals.
PurposeMed consists of three complex care business units: Freddie, Frida, and Foria, and partners with Affirming Care Pharmacy. Freddie is focused on improving sexual health through education, prevention, and treatment with a focus on the LGBTQ2S+ community—we’re now the largest HIV prevention service in Canada! Our second vertical, Frida, is focused on improving mental health and happiness through education, diagnosis, and treatment. Frida is changing the lives of patients with easier access to adult ADHD diagnosis, and fast and affordable treatment. Foria was recently launched in 2023 and is a virtual clinic providing trans, non-binary, and gender-diverse Canadians with gender-affirming healthcare. Affirming Care Pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy with locations in Calgary, Alberta, and Mississauga, Ontario. This partnership provides our patients with an end-to-end healthcare experience, from treatment, to prescription delivery, to continuous affirming care.
We’re one of LinkedIn’s top 15 startups in Canada, the #2 Company-to-Watch in Deloitte’s prestigious Technology Fast 50® program, and a member of the Team True North® roster as one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most promising startups. Our culture is highly mission-driven; our team is passionate about bringing healthcare to those who need it most. Best of all—we have fun doing it.
Location - Remote (Canada)
Permanent, full-time opportunity
Though we have an office based in Calgary, this is a remote position that is open to candidates across Canada. PurposeMed's office is located on the unceded and traditional territories of the peoples of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot First Nation tribes of Siksika, the Piikuni, the Kainai, the Stoney Nakoda First Nations tribes of Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley and the Tsuut’ina First Nation. The city of Calgary is also homeland to the historic Northwest Métis and to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3.
Who we hope to find:
PurposeMed is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to support the company’s activation and retention efforts across the Freddie and Frida brands. Reporting to the Senior Lifecycle Marketing Manager, this role will use automated and bulk communications across a variety of channels (including: email, SMS, in-app) to guide patients through their journeys and empower them to take the next steps in their care.
This role will involve identifying opportunities for new lifecycle efforts; developing, executing, and evaluating the effectiveness of lifecycle initiatives; and collaborating with cross-functional partners on strategic projects.
In this role, you’ll make an impact by:
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in the patient journey and generating ideas for lifecycle initiatives (campaigns, experiments, processes, resources) to address those opportunities
- Managing end-to-end execution of lifecycle initiatives, including copy and asset development, audience segmentation, campaign and journey setup, testing, and deployment
- Coordinating cross-functional support for lifecycle initiatives from our brand marketing, data, product, and engineering teams as needed
- Quantifying the expected impact of lifecycle initiatives, and evaluating initiative effectiveness against lifecycle and company-wide objectives
- Regularly sharing results and learnings with the broader team, and using learnings to guide future initiatives
- Managing lifecycle requests from cross-functional partners, and serving as a lifecycle expert and owner on cross-functional projects
We need someone who has:
- Experience with marketing automation tools (e.g. Braze, Iterable, Segment, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo)
- Technical experience setting up one-time and triggered campaigns, building user journeys, segmenting audiences, and evaluating performance in marketing automation tools
- Very strong written communication skills (copywriting experience is a plus)
- A customer-first approach to communications, with the ability to empathize with customer experiences and ensure each touchpoint adds clear value
- An experimental mindset and a track record of effectively ideating, executing, and deriving meaningful insights from experiments
- Comfort with business intelligence and data analytics tools (e.g. Looker, Amplitude, BigQuery)
- Excellent attention to detail and an organized approach to planning, execution, and analysis
- Experience collaborating with other business functions including brand marketing, performance marketing operations, data, and product to create exceptional customer experiences
Do you think you could be our next Lifecycle Marketing Manager? We look forward to seeing your application!
Why you should join us:
- Be part of a team of great people who don’t take themselves too seriously. While we’re serious about the problems we solve, we believe in having fun along the way.
- Make an impact, every single day. We’re providing compassionate, affirming care to many people who have never received care for their condition.
- Receive great benefits from your first day of work. We offer plenty of paid time off, a parental leave top-up program, group benefits, learning stipends and other perks.
- Work flexibly, from anywhere across Canada.* We believe that work should fit around your life. We also have an office in Calgary available for anyone in the area!
- Be confident in bringing your whole self to work. Inclusivity is core to how we take care of our patients, our teammates and ourselves. We create spaces that are safe and affirming.
If you are looking for a place that sparks your creativity, helps others, and will push you to be your best, then you’ll love PurposeMed.
*Most of our roles are performed virtually from home (in a distributed team environment) across Canada. Team members who are in “onsite” roles at Affirming Care need to be physically present at our pharmacies.
PurposeMed is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, so we highly encourage those from excluded and marginalized communities to apply. This includes groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, and racialized communities, trans and non-binary, LGBTQIA2S+, disabled, and HIV-positive people. You don’t have to check every single box above. If the job description gets you excited and you think you could contribute your expertise to our team—we hope you’ll apply!