Strategy and Operations Manager
PurposeMed was founded in 2019 with the mission of improving access to complex care for underserved communities. We’ve grown to over 200 team members, serving hundreds of patients each month, and are continuing to grow rapidly.
PurposeMed consists of two complex care business units; Freddie, Frida, and partners with Affirming Care Pharmacy. Freddie is focused on improving sexual health through education, prevention and treatment with a focus on the LGBTQ2S+ community—we’re now the largest HIV prevention service in Canada! Our second vertical, Frida, is focused on improving mental health and happiness through education, diagnosis and treatment. Frida is changing the lives of patients with easier access to adult ADHD diagnosis, and fast and affordable treatment. Affirming Care Pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy with locations in Calgary, Alberta and Mississauga, Ontario. This partnership provides our patients with an end-to-end healthcare experience, from treatment, to prescription delivery, to continuous affirming care.
We are a C100 Fellow, a member of the Lazaridis Institute, and a certified Great Place to Work® (92% of our employees agree)! Our culture is highly mission-driven; our team is passionate about bringing healthcare to those who need it most. Best of all—we have fun doing it.
Who we hope to find:
PurposeMed is looking for a Business Operations Manager who can support the Frida business line, while overseeing clinical operational efficiencies and collaborating with other teams. Frida offers diagnosis and treatment for adult ADHD. This is a cross-functional role that reports into the GM, Frida.
You will lead process and workflow improvements for Clinical Operations, conduct data analyses and manage efficiency projects from start to finish. Your north star is to help the Frida business line get to sustainability by improving clinical and operations workflows and processes and leading health technology implementations.
Though we have an office based in Calgary, this is a remote position that is open to candidates across Canada.
In this role, you’ll make an impact by:
- Helping the GM assess, pilot, and launch new workflow and process efficiencies that align with Frida’s mission and will positively impact thousands of Canadians
- Conducting project management and clinical requirements gathering for new efficiency initiatives which may involve operations, marketing and product
- Conducting user research with clinicians to validate new efficiency initiatives and deeply understand clinical workflows
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop and implement efficiency projects
- Collaborating with leads in Operations, Clinical, Marketing, Product, and Data to ensure alignment and understanding of all the work happening within the Frida Clinical Efficiencies workstream
- Passionately moving forward PurposeMed’s mission by solving healthcare challenges for underserved communities
We need someone who has:
- 3-5+ years of experience in a role on the operations or clinical implementation team of a health tech company with a proven track record of success
- Ability to use SQL or willingness to learn SQL to conduct data analysis
- Success when working on more nebulous, complex projects
- Strength in communicating and prioritizing, especially with clinicians
- The ability to self-direct and address challenges in a hands-on way, persevering in times of headwinds and failures
- Effective and thorough project management skills and understands clinical change management
- The ability to be a quick learner—you’re resourceful when it comes to figuring out workflows and processes and how each piece ties together
It would also be great if you have:
- A clinical background as an RN or NP and experience within mental health
Do you think you could be our next Business Operations Manager? We look forward to seeing your application!
Why you should join us:
- Be part of a team of great people who don’t take themselves too seriously. While we’re serious about the problems we solve, we believe in having fun along the way.
- Make an impact, every single day. We’re providing compassionate, affirming care to many people who have never received care for their condition.
- Receive great benefits from your first day of work. We offer plenty of paid time off, a parental leave top-up program, group benefits, learning stipends and other perks.
- Work flexibly, from anywhere across Canada.* We believe that work should fit around your life. We also have an office in Calgary available for anyone in the area!
- Be confident in bringing your whole self to work. Inclusivity is core to how we take care of our patients, our teammates and ourselves. We create spaces that are safe and affirming.
If you are looking for a place that sparks your creativity, helps others, and will push you to be your best, then you’ll love PurposeMed.
*Most of our roles are performed virtually from home (in a distributed team environment) across Canada. Team members who are in “onsite” roles at Affirming Care need to be physically present at our pharmacies.
PurposeMed is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, so we highly encourage those from excluded and marginalized communities to apply. This includes groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous, Black, and racialized communities, trans and non-binary, LGBTQIA2S+, disabled, and HIV-positive people. You don’t have to check every single box above. If the job description gets you excited and you think you could contribute your expertise to our team—we hope you’ll apply!