Proto is the leader for inclusive chatbots and multilingual contact centre automation. Governments and businesses use Proto's AI Customer Experience (AICX) platform to ensure local language service, long-term operational efficiency, and citizen protection. All Proto deployments are powered by its HermesAI™ natural language processing engine for underserved and mixed languages in Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Learn more at www.proto.cx.
Check out our $5.6M Series A announcement!
About the Team
Proto’s team is extremely global with 80% BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Colour) and 50% female members working across 15+ countries. We’re a remote team of self-starting and entrepreneurial machine learning engineers, SaaS sales professionals, and digital nomads. Our management operates established processes for cross-cultural and timezone collaboration while limiting zoom calls to an hour a day as much as possible.
As DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Build and set up development tools, infrastructure, and monitoring tools
- Develop scripts to automate and improve development and release processes
- Participate on-call rotation
- Design and maintain procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience with kubernetes on cloud infrastructure GCP and AWS
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Proficient with docker
- Strong knowledge to write scripts with bash, python to automate system routines
- Understanding of network security. Ensure that systems are safe and secure agains cyber attacks.
- Experience with helm
- Strong knowledge of relational and noSQL databases
- 20 vacation days. In addition to local holidays.
- Full remote. Work anywhere in the world with stable internet.
- Cowork. Access any coworking office on Earth (and drink free coffee).
- High & equal salaries. Get paid higher-than-average and equally with global colleagues.
- Laptop incentive. Let us pay you back for work devices and tech upgrades (or give them if you are in R&D department).
- Health & wellness. Receive dental, vision, and mental health coverage for yourself and family (Canada only).
- Visa support. Request support with immigration to countries in our corporate group.
- Stock options. Qualify for employee stock options with leadership positions.
- Refugee friendly. Proto prioritises candidates who are displaced or relocating due to conflict.
Proto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.