Fullstack Engineer (Python, Vue.js)
Proto is the leader for inclusive chatbots and multilingual contact centre automation. Governments and businesses use Proto's AI Customer Experience (AICX) platform to ensure local language service, long-term operational efficiency, and citizen protection. All Proto deployments are powered by its HermesAI™ natural language processing engine for underserved and mixed languages in Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Learn more at www.proto.cx.
Check out our $5.6M Series A announcement!
About the Team
Proto’s team is extremely global with 80% BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Colour) and 50% female members working across 15+ countries. We’re a remote team of self-starting and entrepreneurial machine learning engineers, SaaS sales professionals, and digital nomads. Our management operates established processes for cross-cultural and timezone collaboration while limiting zoom calls to an hour a day as much as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build/develop the application, server, services, and database that make up the foundational structure of a website
- Proactively improve the architecture and clear technical debts
- Ensure the highest standards of quality
- Maintain healthy code base (maintainable, scalable, secure, bug free)
- Collaborate with our product, QA and client support teams
- Strong in Python 3 and web app development, including framework (flask, or fastapi), multi-threading environment, async programming.
- Familiar with relational database and able to write complex SQL queries
- Familiar with Vue 2
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test Automation (we use Gitlab Pipelines with docker-compose and pytest)
- Background in natural language processing and/or computational linguistics
- Previous experience in SaaS or AI companies
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Experience in docker and container solutions.
- 20 vacation days. In addition to local holidays.
- Full remote. Work anywhere in the world with stable internet.
- Cowork. Access any coworking office on Earth (and drink free coffee).
- High & equal salaries. Get paid higher-than-average and equally with global colleagues.
- Laptop incentive. Let us pay you back for work devices and tech upgrades (or give them if you are in R&D department).
- Health & wellness. Receive dental, vision, and mental health coverage for yourself and family (Canada only).
- Visa support. Request support with immigration to countries in our corporate group.
- Stock options. Qualify for employee stock options with leadership positions.
- Refugee friendly. Proto prioritises candidates who are displaced or relocating due to conflict.
Proto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.