Senior Game Designer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, May 6, 2023
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Product Managers help teams continually discover and deliver the right thing at the right time, to achieve mission aligned business outcomes. If you like solving hard problems, and are interested in creating extraordinary products that will transform how millions of students foster a love of learning, come join us.
Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. As a Game Designer at Prodigy, you will help millions of kids build confidence and math skills by building fun and exciting in-game experiences! We are looking for you to lead and contribute to design efforts on new as well as existing features, ensuring that we craft an experience that challenges our students and provides them an opportunity to grow. You will also be responsible for driving complex design problems with utmost speed and a high quality output.
- Develop a deep understanding of our players, the problems they face, and how Prodigy can resolve those pain points
- You will help Prodigy provide an engaging, compelling experience to students across our grade spectrum through the Math game
- You will help the game shift, evolve, and grow through improving existing features and developing new ones
- Through your design work, you will provide critical math confidence to students around the world
- A devoted game designer with 4-7 years of experience in game design and a serious passion for the craft!
- You are a gamer at heart, you play everything, and can talk about games and the game industry for hours
- Experienced in developing new features, as well as understanding and enhancing the design of existing features
- Multiple major releases under your belt, with learnings from each one
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt your communication to ensure maximum uptake in your specific audience
- Meticulous with documentation, ensuring that all details are captured, and that anything captured is dependable
- Excited by the challenges that come with a rapidly growing and scaling company
- Passionate about mentoring - you love passing on what you've learned as much as you love learning new things
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and have a love for continuous learning
- Google Suite, Jira & Confluence, Periscope, Dovetail, Optimizely
- Familiarity with games as a service, their metrics (retention, engagement, conversion), and LiveOps
- Experience with game engines like Unity, Unreal, Phaser, and/or PIXI
- Understanding of core competency with turn-based combat, economy balancing, upgrade systems, and social elements
Working At Prodigy
- Why Prodigy? Here at Prodigy, our employees are the foundation of our organization - an asset that transforms our mission into a reality! For this reason, we offer our employees a Total Rewards Program that is geared towards their financial, physical and mental well-being.
- Employees receive full health benefits from day one! Including separate allocation for mental health.
- Employee stock options and savings plan
- $500.00 to create your own work from home set-up
- We pride ourselves on constant learning, which is why we offer our employees an annual learning fund of $1200.00
- Prodigy Savings Program (RRSP, TFSA)
- We value wellness, so in addition to wellness classes and benefits, we also offer an additional $720.00 fund to all employees
- Flexibility to choose whether you work from home or in-office, based on what works best on any given day
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly “no meeting day” Tuesdays
- Extended long weekends throughout the year!
- Want to work from anywhere in the world? We offer 4 weeks of "work from anywhere" per year!
- Get a sense of our culture through one of our news article written by the Toronto star There’s more to corporate culture than mandatory fun!, following an interview with our Chief People officer on how we create an engaging, flexible and fulfilling work environment! https://www.thestar.com/business/mars/2023/04/10/theres-more-to-corporate-culture-than-mandatory-fun.html
Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
Follow us on Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
See more open positions at Prodigy
Something looks off?