Product Designer II - Identity
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Prodigy's design practice weaves marketing, product, and game efforts into coherent experiences that inspire students to love learning, infused with brand personality, deep customer understanding, and AAA-level craft. In the design practice we have 5 core values: Impact, Excellence, Curiosity, Empowerment, and Ingenuity.
As a Product Designer for the Core Platform, your main responsibility will be to create scalable and consistent user experiences for critical flows such as login and registration, account management, and other key areas. The aim is to make education more accessible and engaging for children. You will collaborate with product management and engineering teams to leverage design thinking, and come up with innovative and delightful solutions that meet customer needs. Your role will also require you to have a deep understanding of both generative and evaluative research methods, and the ability to analyze insights to enhance and optimize the user experience.
- Design user interface layouts, wireframes, and prototypes that align with user needs and business goals, and maintain a deep understanding of industry trends and best practices
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and other stakeholders to ensure product designs are implemented with high quality and consistency
- Conduct user research and usability testing sessions, and analyze customer feedback and behavior to identify opportunities for improvement and inform design decisions
- Create and maintain design systems and guidelines to ensure consistency and efficiency across product teams
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure product designs are feasible, scalable, and maintainable
- Partner with data analysts to measure and optimize customer engagement and retention, and iterate on designs based on data-driven insights
- Stay up-to-date on emerging trends and best practices in product design and user experience, and share this knowledge with the broader product development team
- Represent the product design team in cross-functional meetings and communicate design concepts and rationale to stakeholders, including senior leadership
- 5+ years of experience spanning the product design lifecycle and shipped SaaS applications in an elegant way
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), human computer interaction, planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- You have knowledge and experience for designing responsive web experiences while using metrics to validate and inform your product decisions
- Experience working with a Design System and/or a component library and are comfortable working within technical constraints
- Using your product, interaction, and visual design skills, you can help create and build new features with the ability to iterate solutions efficiently and intelligently
- You are not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone and take on new challenges, and you have a love for continuous learning
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Figma, Usertesting.com and Dovetail
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally and represent the user's voice in design decisions
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your design expertise
- Previous experience Designing for Kids and/or within Identity, Authentication and Access Management
- Previous experience working with external teams to accelerate our Go To Market (GTM) strategy.
Working At Prodigy
- Why Prodigy? Here at Prodigy, our employees are the foundation of our organization - an asset that transforms our mission into a reality! For this reason, we offer our employees a Total Rewards Program that is geared towards their financial, physical and mental well-being.
- Employees receive full health benefits from day one! Including separate allocation for mental health.
- Employee stock options and savings plan
- $500.00 to create your own work from home set-up
- We pride ourselves on constant learning, which is why we offer our employees an annual learning fund of $1200.00
- Prodigy Savings Program (RRSP, TFSA)
- We value wellness, so in addition to wellness classes and benefits, we also offer an additional $720.00 fund to all employees
- Flexibility to choose whether you work from home or in-office, based on what works best on any given day
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly “no meeting day” Tuesdays
- Extended long weekends throughout the year!
- Want to work from anywhere in the world? We offer 4 weeks of "work from anywhere" per year!
- Get a sense of our culture through one of our news article written by the Toronto star There’s more to corporate culture than mandatory fun!, following an interview with our Chief People officer on how we create an engaging, flexible and fulfilling work environment! https://www.thestar.com/business/mars/2023/04/10/theres-more-to-corporate-culture-than-mandatory-fun.html
- #LI-Remote, #LI-SM1
Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
Follow us on Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
See more open positions at Prodigy
Something looks off?