Senior Product Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Here at Prodigy, we are working hard to achieve our mission of helping every child in the world to LOVE learning. As a Product Manager on the Educators team, you will help millions of students reach better educational outcomes by providing first class tools to teachers. Using qualitative and quantitative data, you will identify opportunities to provide teachers with meaningful educational insights to better support all students on their learning journey.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team with developers, designers, and QA, and create a player-centered team culture with a vision that everyone has bought into
- Curate the project backlog to ensure your team is always working on the highest priority thing, balancing the development of new features, iterations, bug fixes, and other internal tasks
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs
- Track and analyze metrics at every part of the player journey so that you can focus in on the highest value opportunities
- Effectively scope projects and experiments so that they are lean but also add enough value to validate your hypotheses
- Iterate upon successful features to ensure teachers always receive value from our product
- Consistently communicate what your team is working on and releasing to partner teams
- Champion the accomplishments of your team to the rest of the company, ensuring that proper recognition is given when appropriate
- 4+ years of experience in a Product Management role at a product-centric company
- Experience using user research and metrics to add significant value to a product
- A solid understanding of data driven decision making, including the ability to drive and interpret hypothesis-based testing including A/B testing
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale and story for product decisions
- A passion for education
- The ability to scope projects so that every part of them plays a key role in your overall objective
- Previous experience collaborating closely with engineers, developers, UX designers, and other team members
Working At Prodigy
- Be part of a mission-driven organization dedicated to helping every student in the world love learning! At Prodigy Education, your work positively impacts the lives of millions of students and teachers worldwide.
- Join a company which empowers a Growth Mindset among its team members, so you grow as we do. You’ll also work on award-winning products which harness the magic of math and power of language for students in grades 1st-8th.
- We understand that a thriving team is at the core of our success. So, on top of an inspirational mission and rewarding work, our Total Rewards Program reflects our commitment to your financial, physical, and mental well-being.
- It’s not just about the work though; it's about the culture. As the Toronto Star reports in a recent feature on Prodigy: "Prodigy’s secret sauce is that it sees its corporate culture as something that is built slowly from the ground up and is always evolving.” Check it out here.
Prodigy Math is used by almost one million teachers a year, and was named the most popular supplemental education platform in classrooms in the United States! Our products have also won numerous consumer awards, including the Mom’s Choice Award, Parent and Teacher Choice Awards, and National Parenting Product Award.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at email@example.com, and we will work with you to meet your needs.