Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
We offer a hybrid work environment, providing employees the flexibility to choose whether they work in the office or from home on any given day. People leaders and team members are empowered to determine what works best based on business needs. We continue to encourage in-person collaboration to enhance the sense of community and connection.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Product Owner to take on the challenge of driving growth and profitability of a Top 5 MMO by Daily active users, with 9M Monthly active users, played by 25% of all grade 1-8 students.
As a Product Owner, you define the future of fun and learning for Prodigy. Your role is to ensure we are building the right thing at the right time, both by sourcing ideas to drive our mission forward and through ruthlessly prioritizing the most impactful work. In addition, the Product Owner will drive the overall research strategy and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis. Through strong user empathy, a deep understanding of the business, and effective collaboration with your engineering partners, you will launch lean projects that validate your hypotheses.
- Develop a deep understanding of our players, the problems they face and how Prodigy can resolve those pain points
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team of developers, designers, data scientists, and QA to create a player-centred team culture with a shared vision
- Curate the project backlog to ensure the team is always working on the highest priority item - balancing the development of features that provide immediate user value with those that accelerate the team
- Track and analyze metrics at every part of the player journey so that you can focus in on the highest value opportunities
- Iterate on successful features to drive player engagement and improve code quality
- Consistently communicate what your team is working on and releasing to teams such as Customer Support and Marketing
- Champion the accomplishments of your team to the rest of the company, ensuring that proper recognition is given when appropriate
- Act in accordance with security policies and procedures
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in product management or similar within the gaming industry
- Someone well-versed in RPG and free-to-play mechanics
- Keen interest in your users, gathering insights & metrics from a variety of sources including quantitative data and qualitative user research
- Experience with A/B testing and launching products in a B2C environment
- Able to lead, motivate, and develop a team primarily of people who don’t report to you
- Experience collaborating closely with developers, designers, or other team members
- Outstanding communication, organization, and attention to detail
- Able to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- Experience with subscriptions
- A framework thinker!
Working At Prodigy
- Be part of a mission-driven organization dedicated to helping every student in the world love learning! At Prodigy Education, your work positively impacts the lives of millions of students and teachers worldwide.
- Join a company which empowers a Growth Mindset among its team members, so you grow as we do. You’ll also work on award-winning products which harness the magic of math and power of language for students in grades 1st-8th.
- We understand that a thriving team is at the core of our success. So, on top of an inspirational mission and rewarding work, our Total Rewards Program reflects our commitment to your financial, physical, and mental well-being.
- It’s not just about the work though; it's about the culture. As the Toronto Star reports in a recent feature on Prodigy: "Prodigy’s secret sauce is that it sees its corporate culture as something that is built slowly from the ground up and is always evolving.” Check it out here.
Prodigy Math is used by almost one million teachers a year, and was named the most popular supplemental education platform in classrooms in the United States! Our products have also won numerous consumer awards, including the Mom’s Choice Award, Parent and Teacher Choice Awards, and National Parenting Product Award.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will work with you to meet your needs.