Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 13, 2023
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
The Game Producer holds a pivotal position in guaranteeing the effective creation and launch of features in our game. You will lead a squad to ensure timely delivery of features while also fostering an enjoyable working atmosphere. We are looking for someone with strong communication skills who can pinpoint delivery challenges and recognize opportunities for process improvement.
- Prioritizes, establishes schedules, and monitors tasks to ensure the project is delivered in a timely manner
- Develops and maintains optimal project schedules for all functional areas of development
- You will be required to build cohesiveness within the team to ensure project goals and deadlines are met
- Ensures the impact of scope changes are understood, and ramifications are clearly communicated
- Collaborates within a cross-functional team comprising developers, designers, and QA, contributing to the establishment of a player-centric team culture with a shared vision
- Take responsibility for initiatives by collaborating with the agile organization to enhance production processes and communication between departments
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a Production/Producer role within the Gaming Industry
- You have a passion for games: playing them, creating them, and want to be in an atmosphere where your contributions can shape the gaming industry!
- A post secondary education in Computer Science, Comp Engineering or related (technical/engineering)
- Proven experience in software development delivery
- Able to identify process improvements and assist in implementing them
- Proven experience planning & running effective sprints
- Has worked on a team using some Agile project methodologies
- Manages and mitigates risk and uncertainty; identifies solutions independently and collaboratively
Working At Prodigy
- Be part of a mission-driven organization dedicated to helping every student in the world love learning! At Prodigy Education, your work positively impacts the lives of millions of students and teachers worldwide
- Join a company which empowers a Growth Mindset among its team members, so you grow as we do. You’ll also work on award-winning products which harness the magic of math and power of language for students in grades 1st-8th
- We understand that a thriving team is at the core of our success. So, on top of an inspirational mission and rewarding work, our Total Rewards Program reflects our commitment to your financial, physical, and mental well-being
- It’s not just about the work though; it's about the culture. As the Toronto Star reports in a recent feature on Prodigy: "Prodigy’s secret sauce is that it sees its corporate culture as something that is built slowly from the ground up and is always evolving.” Check it out here.
Prodigy Math is used by almost one million teachers a year, and was named the most popular supplemental education platform in classrooms in the United States! Our products have also won numerous consumer awards, including the Mom’s Choice Award, Parent and Teacher Choice Awards, and National Parenting Product Award.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at email@example.com, and we will work with you to meet your needs.