Engineering Team Lead - DevSecOps/SRE
Procurify’s Intelligent Spend Management platform provides hundreds of organizations worldwide with real-time visibility and control over all business spend. We’re looking for a talented and team-driven DevSecOps/SRE Engineering Team Lead to join us on our journey.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Engineering Team Lead to lead the DevSecOps and Site Reliability Engineering functions at Procurify. In this role, you will help the team and Procurify scale up to the next level of growth.
Procurify has built an incredible DevSecOps/SRE team in the last 18 months. The team is staffed with creative, collaborative people. This team is highly engaged, and follows a leader-leader model of leadership. In this role you will be expected to not only show leadership yourself but also to continue to grow leadership on the team.
We are currently planning large platform initiatives in 2024 on the heels of our Series C fundraising to support Procurify in its next stage of growth. In leading this team, you will be a key player in these initiatives, working closely with our Architecture team and Platform development teams to shape the future of engineering at Procurify.
What you’ll be working on
- Managing 4-8 DevSecOps and Site Reliability Engineers.
- Procurify is a people-first company and team member growth is a high priority for our engineering leaders. You’re not just managing a team, you’ll be working closely with engineering management to keep the team engaged and challenge their creativity
- Rotate between projects and commit to continuous learning with our lean kanban processes.
- Working on a world-class tech stack that will support the company’s growth
- We are fully deployed on AWS
- Our core application runs in Kubernetes with AWS EKS
- All our infrastructure is managed through infrastructure as code through Terraform
- We use CircleCI for build pipelines and ArgoCD for continuous deployment
- We have just rolled out Karpenter for Kubernetes scaling
- Our monitoring stack uses Prometheus, Grafana for metrics and alerting
- We use AWS Opensearch and Kibana for logging
- Sentry and New Relic help us monitor our application and track errors
- Collaborating with other Engineering Team Leads across our engineering organization to support DevSecOps best practices and to enable those teams to own their own infrastructure. We use Terraform Cloud to help facilitate this for our teams.
- Helping your team build relationships across functions with Development, Product, Operations, Support and other teams to ensure Procurify's continuing success.
- Working with teams to shift security left in the software development cycle and helping us create security-as-code.
- Helping set the standard for information security and secure coding practices.
- Join annual hackathons and immerse yourself in all things fintech innovation.
Who we’re looking for
- 5+ years of DevOps, DevSecOps, or SRE experience, shipping and supporting enterprise grade software in AWS
- Experience managing a team of engineers and growing leadership on the team
- Experience with the following is required:
- Building a product at scale on top of AWS
- Experience running a containerized application in Kubernetes
- Deep knowledge of continuous integration and deployment tools and practices using tools like CircleCI and/or ArgoCD
- Managing a web-based SaaS application collaboratively with application engineering teams
- Experience with developing and managing infrastructure as code with Terraform
- Expert knowledge of monitoring stacks like EFK, Grafana/ Prometheus
- Experience working in a highly secure environment with compliance requirements such as SOC 2 or ISO27001
- Strong communication and consensus building skills
- Demonstrated track record of leaving every team and process better than you found it
- Certifications like Certified Kubernetes Admin Developer (CKAD) or AWS Solutions Architect are a bonus
Help us modernize spend management
Procurify is a remote-first company with a big heart and a strong ambition to modernize the way organizations manage business spend. We’re trusted by hundreds of companies around the world — across industries like biotechnology, education, health care, manufacturing, and software — to manage over $30B in spend. We recently closed $50M in Series C funding to help us strengthen our core offering, launch new payment capabilities, and provide customers with an AI-enhanced procure-to-pay experience. Read the press release here.
Be empowered to do your best work
We’ve created an environment where personal and professional growth is a real priority. Some of the great perks we offer include:
- Flexible working: We’re a remote-first organization with flexible working hours. Work anywhere from within Canada!
- Four-day workweek: Burnout is real. To help you restore balance between work and life, all Procurify team members work four days a week.
- Unlimited responsible time off: Work hard, play harder. All team members can take advantage of our unlimited responsible time off policy.
- Extended health benefits: We prioritize our team’s health and well-being. We offer a competitive health, vision, and dental package along with an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and a health and wellness spending account.
- Community initiatives: We have a strong commitment to giving back to our communities, including regular volunteer days, our Donate Your Day program, and education lunch and learns.
- Stock options: Everyone has a chance to own a part of Procurify with our competitive stock program.
- DEI initiatives: We regularly run a diversity, equity, and inclusion roundtable where we host guest speakers and tackle the topics that matter.
- Base Salary Range: $130,000 - $196,000 (This range is dependent on experience and not inclusive of any bonus, commission, benefits or equity that might exist in your total compensation package.)
Work with an amazing team
We’ve welcomed team members who were boat captains, funeral directors, swing dancers, competitive gamers, plumbers, and novelists. Everyone has a story and we’re here to embrace them!
Procurify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any team members or applicants for employment because of race, color, disability, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We know that feelings of imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and we certainly don’t want those feelings to get in the way of meeting you! We really want to get to know you and why you're great for the role. Please avoid including your picture and age on your resume.
Apply online today and let’s start a conversation.
To learn more about Procurify, check out these resources:
- Get to know our team through our Meet Us Monday videos
- Check out what our customers are saying about us
- Learn more about our procure-to-pay platform