Talent Acquisition Specialist
People & HR
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Position Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: Candidate must be located in Canada or the USA. Our office is located in Toronto, ON, Canada, but the role is remote/hybrid/flexible.
Reports to: VP, Finance & Operations
About the Position:
As Practice Better's Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will play a vital role in our growing organization by managing all aspects of our recruitment efforts. You will be responsible for identifying, attracting, and closing top talent.
Practice Better is a leading all-in-one practice management software solution transforming how health & wellness professionals run their practices and support their clients. The company serves 15,000+ customers in over 70+ countries across the globe, and processes hundreds of millions annually in payments on behalf of customers. Over 65% of growth in our customer base comes from word of mouth and referrals, which is a testament to our strong brand and community. Practice Better has recorded a 300% compound annual growth rate in revenue since inception, and we are well-positioned for continuous growth in the years to come.
What you'll be doing:
- As the first member of our Talent Acquisition team, you will be the trailblazer in shaping end-to-end hiring activities, playing a pivotal role in scaling our startup SaaS environment.
- End-to-End Hiring Leadership — Spearhead the recruitment pipeline, from sourcing and screening to conducting first-round interviews establishing foundational hiring processes.
- Strategic Sourcing — Pioneer the utilization of diverse channels for sourcing, including job boards, social media, professional networks, and employee referrals.
- Compliance and Inclusion — Establish and ensure that all recruitment processes comply with legal and regulatory requirements, with a focus on fostering diversity and inclusion principles.
- Industry Insight and Employer Branding — Stay ahead of industry trends and contribute to building our employer brand, making our organization an appealing destination for potential employees.
- 5-7+ Years of Talent Acquisition Experience — Proven experience in talent acquisition, with a preference for candidates who have excelled in dynamic startup SaaS environments.
- Scaling Expertise — Strong track record of scaling organizations, particularly in R&D (Engineering, Product, and Design), GTM (Inbound Sales roles), and Customer Support.
- Technical Proficiency — Demonstrated expertise with Lever ATS and LinkedIn Recruiter, including the ability to configure these platforms for optimal functionality.
- International Hiring Experience — Extensive experience in hiring across the US and Canada.
Who you are:
- Adaptable and Comfortable in Change — Thrives in an ever-changing startup SaaS environment.
- Tech-Savvy and Tool-Friendly — Familiarity and comfort with tools such as Lever ATS, LinkedIn Recruiter, Glassdoor, etc.
- Continuous Learner — Possesses a growth mindset, natural curiosity, and a strong commitment to learning and development.
- Proactive and Analytical — Takes a proactive approach, continuously seeking process improvements, and is comfortable with data-driven decision-making.
- Accountable and Autonomous — Comfortable with a high level of accountability and autonomy.
- Team Player — Collaboration and teamwork are intrinsic to your work philosophy.
- Change-Ready — Adapts well to change and welcomes new challenges.
- Open to Growth — Willing to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Within 1 Month – Rapidly become a Practice Better expert, understanding our platform, policies, and current practices. Gain a comprehensive understanding of our user interface, workflow, and policies related to talent acquisition.
- Within 3 Months — Lead multiple end-to-end hiring processes, showcasing your ability to effectively use our talent acquisition tools - Lever ATS, LinkedIn Recruiter, and others.
- Begin contributing to the development of a tech-savvy and collaborative culture within the team.
- Within 6 Months — Become the go-to person for all talent acquisition-related activities, serving as a valuable resource for our employees and hiring teams.Elevate your role as a Practice Better expert, actively sharing best practices, conducting training sessions, and driving user adoption within the team.
Perks & Benefits:
- Unlimited Vacation — We believe you can be highly productive and still have plenty of time for life outside of work.
- Generous health benefits plan — Coverage starts from Day 1 and includes vision & dental.
- Choose your device: Are you team windows or apple? You shouldn’t have to compromise, especially if you work more efficiently on a specific operating system. When you join us, you get to pick!
- Home Office Allowance — $500/year to ensure your home office is set up for optimal comfort and productivity.
- Health & Wellness Allowance — $750/year to support your health & wellness related goals and hobbies.
- Learning & Development Allowance — $1000/year to explore a new skill, attend a conference, read some new books, etc.
- Fully Remote — Work from the comfort of your own home with the choice to access our downtown Toronto office for a change of scenery.
- Events & Free Lunches — We prioritize weekly team bonding and monthly company-wide social events with a lunch stipend. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture where everyone feels engaged, inspired, and excited to come to work every day.
How we work:
Practice Better operates remote-first, hybrid-optional. We ensure each member of our team is equipped with the necessary tools to perform effectively within the comfort of their own space. However flexibility is important! So if you need to stretch your legs or whiteboard with your team, you can use our beautiful, private downtown Toronto office.
Practice Better is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Practice Better is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.