Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Position title: Product Designer
Location: Candidate must be located in Canada or the USA. Our office is located in Toronto, ON, Canada, but the role is remote/hybrid/flexible.
Reports to: Head of Product
About the Position:
We’re seeking a talented Product Designer to join our fast-growing, product-led, SaaS company. As a member of a small but growing product team, you’ll be responsible for defining and executing a remarkable user experience across our platform. If you’re passionate about creating exceptional user experiences and want to join a dynamic, enthusiastic, and growth-oriented team, we would love to hear from you!
Practice Better is a leading all-in-one practice management software solution transforming how health & wellness professionals run their practices and support their clients. The company serves 10,000+ customers in over 70+ countries across the globe, and processes hundreds of millions annually in payments on behalf of customers. Over 65% of growth in our customer base comes from word of mouth and referrals, which is a testament to our strong brand and community. Practice Better has recorded a 300% compound annual growth rate in revenue since inception, and we are well-positioned for continuous growth in the years to come.
We're counting on you to:
- Take the lead in designing a compelling and engaging user experience across the platform.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, content, and product management to create and ship remarkable products that help our users grow.
- Balance business requirements, user needs, and technical requirements into cohesive product designs that our customers love.
- Conduct regular user research, discovery, and usability testing to explore, guide, and validate design decisions.
- Work with our developers to ensure designs are implemented accurately.
- Seek out user feedback and data to inform iterations of your designs.
- Help to shape and maintain our design system and style guide.
- Create design assets that support successful product launches with the marketing team.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in product design for B2B SaaS web and mobile apps.
- A strong portfolio that showcases your design process and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative, fast-paced, product-led team environment.
- The ability to move fast while ensuring a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Fluency in design tools like Figma, Illustrator, or Adobe Creative Suite.
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation: We believe you can be highly productive and still have plenty of time for life outside of work.
- Generous health benefits plan: Coverage starts from Day 1 and includes vision & dental.
- Choose your device: Are you team windows or apple? You shouldn’t have to compromise, especially if you work more efficiently on a specific operating system. When you join us, you get to pick!
- Home Office Allowance: $500/year to ensure your home office is set up for optimal comfort and productivity.
- Health & Wellness Allowance: $750/year to support your health & wellness related goals and hobbies.
- Learning & Development Allowance: $1000/year to explore a new skill, attend a conference, read some new books, etc.
- Fully Remote: Work from the comfort of your own home with the choice to access our downtown Toronto office for a change of scenery.
- Events & Free Lunches: We prioritize weekly team bonding and monthly company-wide social events with a lunch stipend. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture where everyone feels engaged, inspired, and excited to come to work every day.
How we work:
Practice Better operates remote-first, hybrid-optional. We ensure each member of our team is equipped with the necessary tools to perform effectively within the comfort of their own space. However flexibility is important! So if you need to stretch your legs or whiteboard with your team, you can use our beautiful, private downtown Toronto office.
Practice Better is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Practice Better is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.