Head of Product
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Position title: Head of Product
Location: Candidate must be located in Canada or the USA. Our office is located in Toronto, ON, Canada, but the role is remote/hybrid/flexible.
Reports to: CEO
About the Position:
Our fast-growing SaaS company is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, and experienced Head of Product with a strong background in achieving product-led growth. You will be responsible for leading product strategy, product development, and execution with a focus on building for our customers while driving growth and revenue. This is an incredible opportunity for an ambitious Head of Product to join a high-growth SaaS business where they will be able to define strategy and have a huge impact on our trajectory.
Practice Better is a leading all-in-one practice management software solution transforming how health & wellness professionals run their practices and support their clients. The company serves 10,000+ customers in over 70+ countries across the globe, and processes hundreds of millions annually in payments on behalf of customers. Over 65% of growth in our customer base comes from word of mouth and referrals, which is a testament to our strong brand and community. Practice Better has recorded a 300% compound annual growth rate in revenue since inception, and we are well-positioned for continuous growth in the years to come.
We're counting on you to:
- Grow and lead a world-class product team, driving Practice Better’s product strategy and unlocking the biggest opportunities to help our customers grow.
- Develop and implement a product-led growth strategy that aligns with and achieves the company's overall business goals.
- Own the product roadmap and communicate your vision and results with C-level staff, board members, and other stakeholders.
- Identify the most promising opportunities for growth with your deep love of data and sharp analytical skills.
- Make compelling product decisions based on your ability to gather, synthesize, and interpret customer, business, and industry data.
- Drive pricing and competitive positioning for the total product landscape.
- Manage the product lifecycle from concept to launch for new features, enhancements, and new product space.
- Define and monitor relevant product OKRs/KPIs to achieve product milestones and inform areas to improve.
- Build and maintain a high-performing product team, investing significant time in coaching, mentoring, and developing the people who work on your team.
- Be somebody we all love to collaborate with, across sales, marketing, and engineering, as we work together to ensure our product launches and go-to-market is successful and smooth.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in increasingly senior product management roles.
- 2+ years experience leading high-performing product teams that exemplify a culture of excellence.
- Strong and empathetic leadership, management, and mentorship skills.
- A clear record of building and delivering products that have scaled from concept to live.
- A remarkable focus on delivering value to customers and helping them grow.
- A keen eye on market trends, emerging customer needs, and the ability to convert those into scalable opportunities.
- Analytical, creative, and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Expertise in modern methods of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and the total product development process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation: We believe you can be highly productive and still have plenty of time for life outside of work.
- Generous health benefits plan: Coverage starts from Day 1 and includes vision & dental.
- Choose your device: Are you team windows or apple? You shouldn’t have to compromise, especially if you work more efficiently on a specific operating system. When you join us, you get to pick!
- Home Office Allowance: $500/year to ensure your home office is set up for optimal comfort and productivity.
- Health & Wellness Allowance: $750/year to support your health & wellness related goals and hobbies.
- Learning & Development Allowance: $1000/year to explore a new skill, attend a conference, read some new books, etc.
- Fully Remote: Work from the comfort of your own home with the choice to access our downtown Toronto office for a change of scenery.
- Events & Free Lunches: We prioritize weekly team bonding and monthly company-wide social events with a lunch stipend. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture where everyone feels engaged, inspired, and excited to come to work every day.
How we work:
Practice Better operates remote-first, hybrid-optional. We ensure each member of our team is equipped with the necessary tools to perform effectively within the comfort of their own space. However flexibility is important! So if you need to stretch your legs or whiteboard with your team, you can use our beautiful, private downtown Toronto office.
Practice Better is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Practice Better is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.