Position title: Senior Developer
Location: Our office is located in Toronto, ON, Canada, however the role is remote/hybrid/flexible and open to applicants across Canada.
Reports to: VP Technology
Practice Better is a leading all-in-one practice management software solution transforming how health & wellness professionals run their practices and support their clients. The company serves 10,000+ customers in over 70+ countries across the globe, and processes hundreds of millions annually in payments on behalf of customers. Over 65% of PB customers growth coming from word of mouth and referrals, Practice Better has recorded a 300% compound annual growth rate (CAGR. In addition to supporting thousands of nutrition-focused practitioners and coaches, Practice Better has seen incredible adoption from other verticals within the health and wellness space including naturopathic doctors, chiropractors, mental health therapists, and other wellness professionals. Its platform empowers wellness professionals to streamline admin work, engage clients, and scale their practices beyond the traditional 1:1 model. Its consistent, best-in-class NPS score and organic growth from word-of-mouth referrals are a testament to its happy customers.
We are currently a remote-first company. You have the option of working remotely from home, or, if located near Toronto, we have an office in a central, downtown Toronto location for those wishing to work out of an office. Fully remote, in-office, or hybrid - your choice!
About the Position
We are a fast-growing PLG tech company looking for a Senior Developer to manage the growing complexity of our infrastructure and systems as we scale. As one of our few Senior Developers, you will be responsible for bringing your sharp and in-depth technical expertise to the table while expanding your learnings through development opportunities at Practice Better. You will work closely with our CTO, VP of Technology and other Practice Better leaders to make informed decisions about our technology and execute on those decisions.
If you are a driven, results-oriented Senior Developer who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and is passionate about coding, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
- Develop software solutions based on direction from management; investigate problem areas; and feedback from customers
- Document code and procedures for new and existing features
- Conduct testing and analysis of code base; recommend changes in policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other organizational units such as Product Management and Design to achieve company goals
- Assist with production builds and troubleshooting production issues
- Expand expertise by studying programming techniques; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- 10-12+ years experience in full-stack software development
- Experience with Microsoft web technology stack, including C#, .Net Framework, ASP.Net Web API and IIS
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis and other NoSQL technologies
- Experience working with complex web systems. Knowledge of Amazon Web Services is an asset
- Experience with GIT, BitBucket and other SDLC tools
- Experience with mobile technologies, including Cordova, Android SDK and iOS Frameworks.
- Detail-oriented, well organized, efficient with time management
- Excellent technology and communication skills
- Openness to mentor, present, and share knowledge
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Ability to execute in timely manner
- Data-driven strategic thinker
- Requires little supervision to produce superior results
- Able to work efficiently in both an office and remote setting
- Knowledge of the Health & Wellness industry is an asset
- A friendly and inclusive culture that prioritizes weekly team bonding and monthly company-wide social events. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture where everyone feels engaged, inspired, and excited to come to work every day.
- 100% employer-funded health and dental benefits, plus an HSA balance, starting from day 1.
- Home office set-up allowance (laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset - what you need to perform at your best!).
- An annual Professional Development allowance for continuous, self-directed growth and learning opportunities.
- An annual Health & Wellness allowance for you to be well and work well.
- Monthly employer-paid subscription to Dialogue for all employees.
- 4 weeks paid vacation.
- 5 paid sick/mental health days.
Something looks off?