(US) Manager, Sales Commission, Contract
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Remote, North America
The Manager, Sales Commission leads sales compensation design and deployment across PointClickCare. You will work closely across Sales, Sales Operations and Finance, to optimize and scale our sales compensation model as a critical component of our growth objectives. You will be responsible for designing commission compensation plans that are clear, measurable, efficient, and effective across our sales segments and product lines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring all sales plans are effectively set up in our system of record for tracking plans and managing commission calculations. This role will drive business impact and operational efficiency and serves as an internal consultant (e.g., problem solver).
The successful candidate will have experience aligning compensation plans against Sales strategies and align commission plans across various roles including sales support, account executives and specialists, communicate with sales leadership on compensation plan performance against strategic business objectives. You will also support operational workflow, reporting and Sales Compensation system to ensure that we’re fulfilling our commitments to our employees and that compensation actuals remain within plan.
In addition, you will ensure the sales total compensation packages are aligned and competitive within market.
- Lead sales compensation design-to deployment: set objectives, lead alignment with key stakeholders, own compensation design and modeling, support implementation and deployment, and maintain reporting
- Manage the commission plan set-up in third-party systems for commission calculation
- Manage the monthly, quarterly calculation of commissions, provide back-up as needed for processing and submit to payroll in a timely basis
- Assess performance of current commissions, understand, monthly, quarterly and annual business objectives, propose new commission designs, and communicate new commissions, policy, and program changes to the field and sales management
- Own program management for compensation planning, deployment, maintenance, and reporting
- Support administration of the sales compensation plans and updating compensation systems; understand compensation systems so system capabilities are factored into commission design
- Drive cross-functional alignment with sales, sales operations, finance, and business for existing and future commission planning and associated work
- Coordinate design of short-term promotions and SPIFFs
- Create cost of sales models to evaluate plan scenarios and build reporting for commission program performance
- Partner with finance to model the cost of commission compensation plans
- Evaluate and respond to plan design exception requests from leadership
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years in sales compensation or relevant experience in sales operations or finance
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing North American sales compensation plans
- Demonstrable knowledge of commission plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, OTEs, etc.)
- Previous experience managing third-party system used for commission plan structures and calculations
- Exceptional communication skills and experience interacting with leadership
- Analytical mindset; experience in business analytics, and data modeling
- Strong organizational skills, self-starter, and can drive initiatives across stakeholders
- High-energy, a positive attitude, and accountability are critical for success in this role
- Experience managing/coaching/mentoring more junior members of team
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.