Manager of Revenue Accounting (Canada)
Accounting & Finance
Remote · Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the Manager of Revenue Accounting will be primarily responsible for the end-to-end reporting and analysis of subscription, professional services, and other revenues. The successful candidate will play an integral role in connecting sales operations, products, billings, and the system with accounting/financial implications. The candidate will oversee a team of 2-3 direct reports.
- Lead revenue accounting processes. This includes but is not limited to:
- -Month end close for revenues, including any required provisions, partners’ commissions, revenue share, and all related reconciliations.
- -Systems process documentation
- -Implementation of new products and/or new revenue streams and ensuring appropriate application of revenue accounting standards under ASC606, and other applicable standards.
- -Partner with the applicable business teams across all products and markets to ensure reported revenues and disclosures are accurate and complete for each reporting period.
- -Partner and support FP&A and the Professional Services team on budget and budget vs. actual analysis on revenues and potentially deeper analysis from a historical view.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer agreements, products and their impacts on revenue recognition and operations.
- Review and approve specific financial terms on sales contracts.
- Collaborate with other members of the Finance team to transform the current Revenue Operations through systems and tools.
- Participate in the implementation of the new subscription management and billing system, Zuora – which includes but is not limited to: testing, proactively raising issues and concerns, understanding how current processes will be revised in new system environment, and providing feedback to the project team to ensure that all revenue team needs are being met and optimized
- Identify opportunities to transform and reduce gaps and complexities in the current revenue processes, including optimizing the organization of workload amongst the team.
- Provide leadership and training on operational processes and internal controls to all players in the revenue process.
- Hire, train, retain and develop skilled accounting staff.
- Coach and mentor team including developing measurable goals to strive for continual improvement.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA)
- Working experience with Zuora strongly preferred
- Experience with revenue analysis in a SaaS environment strongly preferred
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience with systems transformation.
- Must demonstrate the ability to think critically and solve problems in a timely manner
- Knowledge and experience of US GAAP (ACS 606), monthly close processes, and audit facilitation
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate team members
- Strong ability to build relationships and work in a team-based environment
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager and multi-tasker
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally at all levels in an efficient manner.
- Good team player and ability to meet strict deadlines and deliver on commitments.
- A focus on continuous improvement
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.