Team Lead, Accounts Receivable (AR Digital Team)
Accounting & Finance
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Receivable, the Accounts Receivable Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of monthly KPI’s and cash targets as set by the AR Manager and supporting reporting as required, collaboration with internal and external customers and managing direct reports. As such, the individual will need to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to retain and maintain a high level of customer centricity.
In addition, we are seeking a team player with roll up the sleeves attitude that will be able to manage cross functional collaboration with out internal partners and to expedite resolutions of customer issues, cross functional awareness of the various upstream and downstream teams as required and people management skills. From time to time, you may be required to prepare reporting from your portfolio for management reviews and assist in the collection escalation process as required.
The AR Team Leader will participate as a SME in team SOP development and department cross-functional projects including system migrations. This role will provide key support to the Manager, Accounts Receivable for the creation, documentation and team level training on new processes, systems, and policies.
- Ensuring the delivery of monthly KPI’s and cash targets as set by the AR Manager and supporting reporting as required.
- High efficiency cross-functional collaboration with our internal partners to expedite resolutions of customer issues as identified through direct customer contact.
- Developing processes and solutions to produce a more successful payment outcome and reduce potential bad debt exposure to the business.
- Cross-functional awareness of the various upstream and downstream teams as required to resolve identified disputes and support the development of customer level solutions to participate in the development of collection processes to reduce manual touch points and increase efficiency gains with the team.
- People management: perform management duties for a number of AR Specialists as required or assigned by the AR Manager.
- Participate in monthly Accounts Receivable reviews with team and meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks in a challenging environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel. Experience with accounting software systems - NetSuite or Zuora preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare billing and reimbursement processes is a plus.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy in data analysis and reporting.
- Negotiate payment plans using critical thinking and probing questions to overcome objections.
- Demonstrated commitment to PointClickCare's core values: People, Passion, and Performance.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.