Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Reporting to the Sr. Tax Manager, the purpose of this role is mainly to prepare workpapers to support the tax team in meeting the Company's sales and income tax reporting and compliance requirements in both Canada and the US. The individual is required to gather information from various sources across several functional areas and be able to build calculations using specific tax rules. The Company's operations are becoming increasingly more complex as acquisitions are being integrated into the existing structure.
- Preparing sales tax returns in Canada and non-income tax returns (such as gross receipts tax and 1099 forms) in the US
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of tax specific GL accounts
- Support account services and billing teams to resolve customer sales tax inquiries
- Prepare working papers to support book-to tax adjustments for the quarterly tax provision and income tax returns
- Review, track and respond to US state tax notices in a timely manner Support tax team in responding to queries arising from sales and/or income tax audits
- Assist with other tax related projects and tasks as assigned
Qualifications & Skills:
- Completion of degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Excel proficiency with basic functions
- 1-3 years working in area of study
- Familiarity with reading tax publications or legislation
- On a path to attain CPA
- Experience in Canadian/US tax - whether in consulting or industry role
- Understand how to use advanced functions of Excel such as pivot tables, etc.
- Experience with filing returns and/or tax forms for CRA or IRS
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.