(Canada) Sr. Compensation Partner
Remote · Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Remote, North America
Reporting to the Director, Compensation, the Senior Compensation Partner will partner with the Human Resource Business Partner, People Experience, and Talent Acquisition teams to support internal client groups across Canada and the United States. The Senior Compensation Partner will provide advice and recommendations on a variety of complex and unique compensation matters. The Senior Partner is responsible for building compensation models and budgets to support the design and implementation of new programs and the administration of the annual year-end compensation planning cycle.
- Responsible for the administration and delivery of compensation programs (salary, short-term incentives, and long-term incentives) to support the attraction and retention of talent.
- Partners with the Human Resource Business Partner, People Experience, and Talent Acquisition teams to provide advice to the client groups on and formulate creative solutions on complex or unique compensation-related issues, including but not limited to new hire offers, promotion requests, relocation requests, and retention concerns.
- Evaluates new or materially changed jobs and analyzes market compensation to determine an appropriate job level and salary range.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on compensation matters and highlights total rewards considerations, bringing the appropriate stakeholders into the discussion and solutioning.
- Meets with business leaders, as needed, to gather additional context to support job evaluation and market pricing and explain rationale for outcomes.
- Takes a lead role in the annual compensation planning cycle, including developing and maintaining a project plan, developing the budget, reviewing market compensation surveys, updating salary ranges, calculating bonus payouts, and partnering with the HR Systems team to configure and upload data into the compensation planning module, to ensure accuracy of information for informed compensation decision making by business leaders.
- Leads participation in annual compensation surveys to support our commitment to purchase agreements and maintain relationships with compensation vendors.
- Acts as a day-to-day contact with compensation vendors for survey participation, data gathering requirements, and ad hoc advisory services requests.
- Participates in the design of compensation programs and incentive plans to motivate behaviors and outcomes that support the achievement of business objectives.
- Builds Excel models to test the design of new or improved compensation programs to understand financial feasibility and impact to the employee experience.
- Provides guidance, coaching, and technical advice and support to Compensation Partners and other Total Rewards team members to support their learning, development, and growth.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience providing compensation advice to client groups
- Possesses deep knowledge and understanding of compensation design practices, market insights, and industry trends
- Advanced Excel modelling skills
- Experience working with and manipulating large datasets
- Experience designing incentive plans
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- CCP Designation
- Experience working with Engineering and Technology jobs
- Experience with Mercer, Willis Towers Watson, and/or Aon Radford compensation surveys.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.