Senior Site Reliability Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Site Reliability Engineer Senior (Sr SRE) Responsibilities:
• Provide technical leadership to a growing team focused on applying software engineering practices to operations at scale.
• Monitor and report on service level objectives for a given applications services. Work with business and product owners to establish key performance indicators.
• Participate in conducting technical training events, game day scenarios, and focused engineering spikes.
• Design and architect operational solutions for managing applications, with the specific goal of increasing the automation, repeatability, and consistency of operational tasks.
• Create and maintain monitoring technologies and processes that improve the visibility to our applications' performance and business metrics and keep operational workload reasonable.
• Sponsor healthy software development practices.
• Persistent testing of application and infrastructure resiliency over a variety of error conditions.
• Partnering with security engineers and developing plans and automation too aggressively and safely respond to new risks and vulnerabilities.
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that operational development solutions meet business requirements.
• Provide architectural and practical guidance to software development to improve resiliency, efficiency, performance, and costs.
• Develop, communicate, and monitor standard processes to promote the long-term health of sustainability and health of operational development tasks.
• Collaborate with and include yourself into the “feature/Service” oriented development teams.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, MIS, or other related discipline required.
• Prior relevant software development / architecture experience.
• Good hands-on experience in a DevOps or System Administration role.
• Prior experience building and supporting cloud-based solutions
• Experience in a production environment supporting mission-critical applications
• Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
• Experience working with configuration management and deployment automation tools like Chef, Terraform, Puppet or Ansible.
• Experience within operations, administering both Window (2003/2008/2012) and Linux machines.
• Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle with experience working in QA and beta environments.
• Proficiency in cloud computing concepts as well as on premise.
• Experience working with Azure cloud infrastructure and services is strongly preferred.
• Experience with virtualization and container solutions is strongly preferred. (ie. , Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
• A strong understanding of diverse infrastructure platforms and infrastructure concepts
• A strong understanding of the Agile software development methodology
• Knowledge of standard production practices including change management
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Nice to Have:
• Versatility as demonstrated with troubleshooting diverse sets of hosting technologies (web server platforms, Java application platforms, operating systems, network components, virtualization technologies, database platforms)
• Healthy knowledge of Linux (have compiled your own kernel at some point, know how to trace syscalls, understand TCP, care about the difference between sysvinit/runit/systemd, etc.)
• Knowledge of Open Source software’s and contributions to the open source community.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.