Data Associate (Sales Support)
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development, Data Science
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
PointClickCare is the leading North American cloud-based healthcare software for the acute, long-term, and post-acute care markets. For over 20 years, the company has held the same vision – to help the world care for vulnerable populations. Since its inception, PointClickCare has grown exponentially with over 1,700 employees today all working towards impacting the lives of millions.
Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by Waterstone Human Capital as Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based software. With its recent acquisition of Collective Medical, PointClickCare solidifies its position as a high growth healthcare software provider, serving over 21,000 long-term and post-acute care providers and over 1,300 hospitals. Their shared mission to support vulnerable populations is allowing PointClickCare and Collective Medical to connect disparate points of care at scale faster than anyone else in the market.
Working at PointClickCare goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for seniors and their caregivers that improve their quality of life and well-being on a daily basis. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Data Associate to join our Data Science department, specializing in the Acute & Payer (A&P) business division. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in tracking and enhancing the strength of our network while supporting the A&P sales teams and interfacing with both external and internal customers.
· Extract and analyze data to build metrics, create Tableau/PowerBI dashboards, and track network growth for our Acute & Payer division
· Develop informative presentations to communicate the strength of our acute and post-acute networks to internal and external stakeholders
· Share insights with customers regarding drivers of success and areas of opportunity
· Collaborate with internal and external partners to create new dashboards, metrics, KPIs, and outcomes evaluations
· Respond to ad hoc analytic requests and manage relationships with internal partners
· Maintain an accurate network map and analyze lists from prospects and clients
· Support face-to-face meetings conducted by our leadership and sales teams
· Create and manage self-service tools for employees to access network coverage information
· Stay informed about pending convener relationships and expected future coverage
Who you’ll work with:
As a Data Associate, you will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Customer Success, Product, Marketing, Growth Operations, and Finance, among other members of our Data Science department. You will also have the opportunity to work with external customers. Collaboration with internal stakeholders and the ability to be customer-facing is key to success in this role.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in data science, analytics, mathematics, statistics, public health, economics, social science, or actuarial science
· 2-5 years of experience related to analytics work or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 2-5 years of external/client facing experience
· Proficiency in data mining and visualization tools such as Python, Tableau, and PowerBI, along with querying languages (SQL, etc.)
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to meet deadlines, work with tight schedules, and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; in particular, experience in communicating and engaging with customers
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Experience with data cleaning, aggregation, and pre-processing from various sources, including complex SQL queries for standard and ad hoc data mining
What You Will Be Doing Day-to-Day:
· Use real-time and historical healthcare data to report on metrics and trends covering a wide range of areas, including platform utilization and engagement, clinical and outcomes, facility counts, data accessibility and quality, etc.
· Prepare, analyze, and report network coverage statistics (e.g., visualize data and findings, interpret results, and provide recommendations) for internal and external customers
· Manage relationships with internal partners, including fielding routine or ad-hoc data requests
· Create client-facing materials and collateral for sales representatives to use during customer meetings and, when appropriate, join/present the materials in partnership with Sales
· Build and maintain self-service dashboards and state-specific reporting
· Provide necessary updates on network growth for key strategic accounts
Experience and Skills We Are Looking For:
· Master’s degree preferred
· Previous healthcare experience
· Proven experience with diverse business solutions
· Passionate, energetic, and ability to operate with a sales mindset
· Persuasive communication and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to learn new solutions and transfer knowledge to others
· Superior organizational and effective time management skills
· Flexibility in determining the best methods for various situations
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.