(Canada) Sr. Organizational Change Consultant
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Reporting to the VP of HR & Strategic Advisory, the Sr. Organizational Change Consultant will play a critical role in driving and managing the execution of organizational change plans and initiatives across a portfolio of complex, high-impact, interconnected projects. This role is focused on building, executing and measuring customized change plans and strategies through partnership with executive leadership, people leaders and employees from both our Senior Care and Acute & Payer Business Units, and across multiple cross-functional teams, including Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Office of the CIO, Customer Success, Customer Experience, Professional Services, Customer Support & Operations, Product & Engineering Operations, Marketing, Sales & Partnerships, Mergers & Acquisitions. The Sr. Consultant will work both independently and with other change and project leaders to identify, manage and mitigate risks to projects within their assigned portfolio. In addition, they will provide hands-on guidance and mentorship to project team and change network members to ensure the successful planning, execution, and adoption of these transformative projects, and facilitate the development of an organizational change capability and culture more broadly within the organization.
This position is ideal for an experienced change management professional who has the proven ability and passion to lead multifaceted change efforts and drive a culture of continuous improvement across a rapidly growing, scaling, and maturing technology organization. If you are a change management expert with a track record of driving successful organizational transformations in the technology sector, this is the chance to drive positive change and make a significant impact in a mission-driven company, with a highly collaborative and innovative work culture.
- Own and manage the Change Plan for a portfolio of interconnected multi-year projects.
- Leverage existing organizational change tools and frameworks to develop, manage, and refine comprehensive change strategies and transition plans for complex, high-impact organizational initiatives.
- Ensure all change and project plan aspects are integrated for seamless execution and address any issues or resistance that may arise during implementation to facilitate successful adoption in alignment with company objectives, technology requirements and talent capabilities.
- Develop and execute customized stakeholder readiness, engagement and communications plans that implement the right tactics at the right time to support and enable employees to adopt desired changes at all levels of the organization, while also facilitating broad, company-wide awareness and support for change efforts.
- Partner with and influence executive and senior leaders to build consensus around the need for change plan(s), to define change objectives of multiple project streams, and to ensure alignment and the appropriate prioritization of activities and resources across the portfolio.
- Proactively manage escalations by effectively partnering with senior business leaders within the project(s)/program.
- Lead engagement of change champion network(s) across the portfolio and partner with them to implement creative change management tactics where needed to address unique stakeholder needs that require communications, engagement, training and/or change adoption support.
- Partner closely with technical and business SMEs and leaders to develop impactful stakeholder needs analysis and targeted communications, training, organizational design and effectiveness, and change measurement resources, tools and artefacts that can be used to measurably drive adoption by executive leaders, people leaders, and front-line employees.
- Partner closely with other change management team members to define and establish metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure change management plan progress. Regularly report on change adoption metrics, and look for ways to continuously measure, evaluate and improve the change management process.
- Play an active role in team meetings to facilitate knowledge sharing, discussion of current challenges and potential roadblocks, and stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in change management, bringing innovative ideas and approaches to the organization.
- Up to 25% occasional travel to PointClickCare offices for team meetings and events
Required Experience and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in Organizational Development, Strategic Change Management or a related field and/or proven experience formally leading organizational change through periods of rapid company growth, preferably within the technology industry. Change Management (CCMP, ADKAR etc) or Design thinking certification preferred but not required.
- Experience applying change management tools and methodologies, in addition to project portfolio and project management tools. High proficiency applying and helping others leverage change management methodologies and tools to successfully drive adoption and other organizational outcomes through complex changes. Practical hands-on experience mentoring and guiding leaders through the change management process, fostering and supporting a collaborative and people-oriented approach to change.
- Experience leveraging a solid understanding of how and why SaaS organizations operate and organize for success, to enable accelerated risk identification and assessment, identification and evaluation of opportunities for improvement, and rapid development of credibility with key business and technical stakeholders.
- Strong leadership, matrix mentoring and project management skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively across multiple competing initiatives, and create clarity and deliver results through ambiguity and complexity.
- Combines intellectual curiosity and capacity to understand how things connect, with the ability to ‘roll sleeves up’ to get work done and the drive to constantly look for how to make it better. Demonstrated ability to connect dots by proactively identifying underlying dependencies. Able to identify, articulate and solve for root cause issues instead of symptoms, and draw key organizational and talent insights from deltas between current state and future state frameworks and models.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and consulting skills. Able to quickly identify and zero in on critical underlying issues and collaborate on co-creating working solutions. Can easily articulate strategy, challenges, and influence senior leadership and executive teams to adopt desired behaviours and recommended solutions. Ability to read the room and tailor communication based on audience needs.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.