Senior Software Architect
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
As a Senior Software Architect, you are driven, possess a high degree of discipline and can deliver robust solutions for complex and large-scale software systems. You will collaborate with stakeholders to understand their requirements and translate them into scalable and efficient software solutions that address the whole business problem. As a Senior Software Architect, you will drive the technical feasibility analysis for projects to identify and mitigate technical risks. Your expertise in selecting appropriate technologies and frameworks will drive innovation and shape the overall architecture, ensuring it aligns with business and technical goals. Throughout the development process, you will lead and mentor engineering teams, ensuring the successful implementation of the architectural design. Your ability to define the strategic architecture vision will be essential in aligning the software architecture with the overall organization technology strategy, driving its success in a fast-paced competitive market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently design and develop effective and efficient end to end solutions for complex business problems.
- Lead and work with the engineering team/s on technical feasibility analysis for the projects.
- Responsible for non-functional quality measures including performance, scalability, availability, reliability, maintainability and security.
- Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to understand complex and ambiguous business requirements and translate them into robust technical solutions.
- Take proactive role in project scoping, planning and design to drive successful solution delivery.
- Research new technologies, software, and tools and provide recommendations and/or prototypes.
- Produce technical documentation relating to application architecture, design steps, integration processes and testing procedures relating to each product developed.
- Define best practices, patterns and guidelines in coding and design
- Review design and code to ensure its compliance with the best practices and coding standards.
- Provide technical mentoring, guidance and consultation to other architects and engineering teams to ensure the successful execution of software projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align and onboard them on the architectural vision.
- Administer training throughout various phases of the development cycle .
- Work with legacy code to improve the quality, modernize and/or to integrate with third party systems .
- Expertise with hands-on experience in design and development of web-based enterprise software systems.
- Proficient knowledge of cloud design patterns.
- Prior experience in Azure cloud or other major public cloud provider technologies, EventHubs, Kafka, Redis, Kubernetes, Docker and containers as a plus.
- Strong technical skills in variety of Java technologies including but not limited to: Core Java, JavaEE, Spring, JMS, AMQP, SOAP/RESTful web services, Maven, Tomcat, JS, HTML5.
- Proven skills in designing API, Front end components, re-usable frameworks and libraries.
- Solid experience with Object-Oriented principles, Design Patterns, and Architectural Patterns.
- Strong experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL), familiar or experience with NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Experience in application performance monitoring and tuning .
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.