Jr. Accounts Receivable Specialist, Co-op
Accounting & Finance
Remote · Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager, you will be responsible for supporting various administrative tasks relating to the Accounts Receivable process. This may include contacting delinquent customers for payment, various excel based reporting, reconciliation of unapplied payments, fulfilling various customer requests, statement summaries, past due notices, undeliverable mails and customer contact updates and other tasks as required. You will also have the opportunity to work and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams such as Account Services and Revenue.
What your day to day will look like:
· Process Customer Statements / Invoice Copies and Supporting Documentation as required
· Facilitate customer master records maintenance to update invoice delivery details
· Update and maintain accurate customer files with all applicable correspondence and report to Management on status as required
· Preparation of monthly account breakdowns and analysis, as required by the Collections team and customers
· Compilation of invoice copies, credits and unapplied payment details, as required by the Collections team and customers
· Preparation of unapplied credit reconciliations by customer, including identification and implementation of improvements to the credit application process
· Manage cash application process for specified invoice types
· Coordination of monthly pre-authorized payments with customers and the Payments team
· Any ad hoc tasks assigned by management
What you need to succeed:
· Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
· Ability to build relationships and be a proactive team player
· A “Roll-Up-Your-Sleeves” and “Get it Done” attitude is a must
· Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
· Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast paced, high-volume, complex environment
· Excellent computer skills with a strong working knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
· Strong diplomatic, negotiation and conflict resolution skills in order to handle late payment discussions
· Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
· Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
· Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritizing and execution skills
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.