Manager, Software Engineering
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Engineering Manager is responsible for leading multiple scrum teams comprised of Software Engineers and Test Engineers through the analysis, design and implementation of backend software applications designed to help nurses and field staff care for patients in their home. The Engineering Manager owns the technical design for the development projects and drives the project life cycle from inception to post-go-live experience, using Agile methodologies. Specific activities include: improving the value of the technology platform, providing overall leadership and management to the product development team; developing an effective team and an optimal organizational structure; and representing PointClickCare within the industry.
· Researching, evaluating and implementing new technology platforms in partnership with architects, ensuring alignment with existing products, platforms, emerging business needs and engineering best practices
· Being responsible for the technical design of platform development projects by reviewing and contributing to functional specifications (i.e., business requirements, workflow, and design)
· Collaborating with other Engineering Managers and technical leads to define technical design, obtaining buy-in from stakeholders, overseeing the development of detailed technical specifications, and approving high-level work breakdowns and estimates
· Driving the end-to-end project life cycle, from inception to post-go-live experience by demonstrating true ownership and commitment for project success, while working closely with Product Leaders to understand end user experience and needs
· Providing domain knowledge and technical leadership, and good management over development team, closely monitoring applications to ensure they are aligned with engineering best practices and demonstrating ownership over end-user experience post-go-live
· Managing processes/procedures, the development approach, resources, and budgets
· Acting as a process and technical resource during projects, intercepting issues and directing corrective actions as required, monitoring and reviewing project progress, and proactively raising issues to stakeholders and collaborate on solutions and options
· Ensuring delivery of high-quality release to production using primarily agile methodologies and maintaining constant communication with business leaders.
· Leading multiple teams of engineers and testers, including hiring, managing performance, developing, motivating and retaining a high performing team
· Handling relationships with 3rd party vendors, partners and consulting companies
· Represents PointClickCare by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of PointClickCare products, industry and technical trends, and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiatives
· Communicating with customers in a compelling and articulate manner in both verbal and written conversations and presentations, demonstrating corporate core values and culture, developing professional and positive relationships with customers, and maintaining a reputation of competence, integrity and professionalism.
· Solid experience with the full software development life cycle (e.g., gathering requirements, analysis and design, development, release and version control, deployment management, monitoring)
· Solid understanding of Enterprise Software Design and common patterns and architectures using object-oriented and functional languages in a cloud environment
· A recent position as a hands-on engineering manager or team leader collaborating across Agile teams
· Ability to lead by example, motivate others and continuously look for improvements in the work of your teams
· Demonstrated development, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· A variety of architectural approaches including Microservices, Event-driven and monolithic
· Experience utilizing the following technologies:
· Java 8 or higher web applications built on Spring MVC or Spring Boot
· Apache Tomcat, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure or AWS
· MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Database
· IntelliJ or Eclipse
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.